Help needed from Rock Climbers

PaulG

Ok i just got my new Indi Dog walking belt but i have descovered a small problem..... The heavy Karabiner suplied was not made for men

Husky on a loose lead shook and jumped  and oh boy does it hurt when the heavy weight slaps you in the crotch area......

So any rock climbers out there able to recommend a light weight alloy Karabiner and good online store to buy it from as most do not say

how heavy the hook is just how much weight it can take before it breaks.

Hi Paul

these are the ones I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N7FN2MK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61mitVD0tJL._SL1334_.jpg

lightweight at only 80 grams but "proper" climbing Carabiners with snap-lock closures twist to open, release and they auto snap closed.

Strong enough that my two on the same carabiner can be lunging crazy because they've seen a deer in the field and no chance of them breaking it

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hi Paul

these are the ones I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N7FN2MK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61mitVD0tJL._SL1334_.jpg

lightweight at only 80 grams but "proper" climbing Carabiners with snap-lock closures twist to open, release and they auto snap closed.

Strong enough that my two on the same carabiner can be lunging crazy because they've seen a deer in the field and no chance of them breaking it

lol guess you had same issue i had with the steel ones

my husky was off to the side ona  loose lead shook and whiped the lead around and i got slapped and found it to be eye watering

2 minutes ago, robke said:

I also use lightweight aluminum carabiners there is Loads of them on amazon 

And yes it was eye watering with a steel one...lol

might want to ask Sid to swap to lightweight for us guys

I was looking at amazon but i have seen some of those so called  climbing quality ones break, thanks to them being cheap chinese knockoffs

but now i have a make/type/style i can look around better in climbing stores when i find one local to me they all seem to by in north wales  london or the costwold

9 minutes ago, PaulG said:

lol guess you had same issue i had with the steel ones

my husky was off to the side ona  loose lead shook and whiped the lead around and i got slapped and found it to be eye watering

Yes I've been twatted in the nuts with the heavy screw up type. however mostly it was them constantly slapping against my knees (I've got one of Sids Bungee walking belt and that adds about 6 inches to the length and they hang down a little further)

4 hours ago, Andy said:

Yes I've been twatted in the nuts with the heavy screw up type. however mostly it was them constantly slapping against my knees (I've got one of Sids Bungee walking belt and that adds about 6 inches to the length and they hang down a little further)

my belts from Sid too, the front hitch type so on a loose lead is right in the primary target zone lol

We’ve had walking belts for years and I honestly can’t say I’d even considered this possibility before.  You learn something new every day! 

I’ll have to ask my Paul if he’s ever been beaten in a sensitive area by the karabiner before.  😂 

On 9/15/2019 at 10:36 PM, Emma said:

We’ve had walking belts for years and I honestly can’t say I’d even considered this possibility before.  You learn something new every day! 

I’ll have to ask my Paul if he’s ever been beaten in a sensitive area by the karabiner before.  😂 

LOL so what was his reply when you asked him..... as so far 2 other males have said they can be an issue lol

Archived