Sign in to follow this  
New2Husky

Puppy Food

Help!

I am getting an 8 week old Husky in a couple weeks and I am a 1st time Husky owner! I have been doing a ton of research on what type of food to start her out on. I understand that a puppy formula is the best option (correct me if I'm wrong). I have been looking at Eagle Pack. Is the Eagle Pack Large Breed Puppy food a good option? I am open to any other dry food options. Also, is 2 cups a day spread out to 3-4 feedings a good place to start?

https://www.eaglepack.com/product-orignal-dog.aspx?product=82

I appreciate the help!

Do not know the food as I am not in the US but I do know huskies are not large breed...

I honestly believe feeding raw or cooked is the best.

Mine have food allergies/intolerance to certain foods and my boy has GI  disease so there is not a kibble out there that I am satisfied with. I am feeding Instinct Limited Ingredients because of having to reset my boy’s tummy after a blow out. It is good. I would not mind trying their raw line. (But again it has ingredients that my pups can’t have)

With that being said if I had normal pups I would like Wilderness, Wellcore, Tastes of the Wild, just to name a few. But  just do your research and keep prices in mind.

Keep in mind also that Huskies digestion is different then other breeds. 

I believe I did 2 cups a day split into 4 meals and their treats for training came out of that amount.

Anything more than 2 cups caused bad diarrhea.

I would some times not even do a traditional meal because the two cups was given throughout the day during training. (This is not wise for potty training LOL it messed up potty times. But mine have a doggy door so I wasn’t concerned about that.)

I do try to keep to the traditional diet.

Protein: Summer Grassland. Winter fish. Fall and spring Fowl.

Are you going to be doing Agility, sledding, or any really high activity? That will make a huge difference in what you feed and how much.

17 minutes ago, robke said:

Do not know the food as I am not in the US but I do know huskies are not large breed...

Here they are considered large breed. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️.

We only have small breed or large breed in puppy food.

I think the line is at 50 here.

I don’t get it or know why. I assume it is to sell more at a higher price. O and kibble size.