Getting a puppy used to other dogs

TBE

Hai!

Today I met my friend out with his labrador mix dog, and the puppy was afraid. She didn't really freak out but was scared for sure, tail was bewteen legs too and she started to pull backwards from the labrador which is probably normal for a 8 week old puppy. Whats a good way to introduce her to other dogs without shocking her? Should I carry her and let the other dog first smell her and then try? I've had her only 2 days is it too early to socialize?

Hi it's never too early to introduce you're pup to other dogs as she is only 8 weeks old I do t think she should be on a lead as normally pups should be around 12 weeks old before letting them down outside unless in you're garden I would have you're friend come around to you and let them get to know each other slowly as it would be on you're pups territory but I would carry you're pup until you're vet says it's safe for them to go down usually a week after there second injection I'm kooky as we have 2 pups just 8 1/2 weeks old but do have another husky aged 9 and thay bonded straight away.

👍👍

2 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

8 weeks is too young to be out walking she hasnt had all her Injections yet , you need to meet friends with calm dogs that will let pup sniff in it's own time without getting in her face 

My words were little wrong there, I don't mean normal walks more like figuring out the world with her, she being the lead. :) 

3 hours ago, Kered said:

Hi it's never too early to introduce you're pup to other dogs as she is only 8 weeks old I do t think she should be on a lead as normally pups should be around 12 weeks old before letting them down outside unless in you're garden I would have you're friend come around to you and let them get to know each other slowly as it would be on you're pups territory but I would carry you're pup until you're vet says it's safe for them to go down usually a week after there second injection I'm kooky as we have 2 pups just 8 1/2 weeks old but do have another husky aged 9 and thay bonded straight away.

👍👍

Thanks for advice very helpful!

Archived