My husky doesn’t like to take walks.

Timforbes[

Hey guys , I recently purchased a puppy husky , I have had him for about a week now . He’s only 10 weeks old & he does not like going on walks . I have done a lot of research on huskys and to my understanding they are energetic dogs and need a lot of exercise. The first few days Whenever I try to put his collar and leash he would just lay down instantly and would not want to go outside . I would carry him the first few days because I thought he just was not comfortable with me since he was shy at home as well. But now he always plays in doors only . I bought him a different collar and leash in case it was because of that. & he still refuses to go outside . I carry him outside and he refuses to even walk when outside . He would just lay there . No matter where I take him. I feel like I’m doing something wrong . Pleaseee any advice or if anybody can tell me what’s wrong . 

Puppies only need 5 mins walk per month of age, so at 10 weeks he should only be having 10 mins walks. It can affect their joints if you over do it

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Also he’s only 10 weeks, it takes time for them to learn to walk on a lead. He’s only just left his mum and the world is a scary place!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

He is a baby. Please post pictures. Love the babies and they grow super fast!

At 10 weeks all mine would do is eat, poop, sleep. LOL

If he is your only fur baby in the house leave the collar on him when you can keep an eye on him so he gets used to it. (Collar needs to be snug enough but you can put two fingers underneath. Don’t want him getting tangled up)

Make sure the buckles and the latch on the leash is the correct size and weight for him. I made that mistake with my girl because I never thought about that until she started refusing her lead. They were too big and heavy.

When outside, make it fun. Bring his favorite toy and play for the 10 minutes (after he goes potty)

Archived