4 month old stubborn husky girl..

I am going to be posting in a few areas regarding her as I have a few new husky owner questions. This first one will be regarding her behavioral issues, I would love to keep working on these behaviors, she can be a very stubborn little girl.

The issues I currently have at home start with her general jumping puppy behaviors. I get very nervous letting her play with other dogs as she can be quite annoying and nippy with them I’m worried she’s going to get herself bit and I’m not sure how to correct that behavior when she’s playing, I assume she will need more time, but nothings I do seems to keep her spazzy-ness together.

She is extremely stubborn and mouthy. She will happily sit on command, but when asked to lay down she will stubbornly bark at you aggressively (over and over and over) in which is a more SQWAK like behavior as she is very high pitched unless she is making her gremlin sounds.

She now provides her “paw” for every command which I’m also not sure how to correct but it’s cute and isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

She is potty trained with only a few places in the home but I can’t trust her to not go anywhere else in the home. She will not go in my bedroom or in the crate, her bed is in my room however and she has peed on it twice in the matter of the time being here.

I am also trying to correct her jumping on the furniture without permission, but the husky breed is very stubborn so I am having a bit of trouble.

She pummels and try’s to kill the cats, so I haven’t really been able to have them in the same room. I’m not sure how to correct this and I’m worried about the dog biting the cats.

Lastly, the human biting. She is extremely mouthy and it’s driving me crazy. Toy redirection is just not cutting it. Luckily she hasn’t chewed up too many things inside the home, but I really want her to stop biting my hands.

I am not expecting these behaviors to be gone anytime soon as she is little still, but I definitely would like some advice in how successful husky owners have fixed these behaviors so I can try some new methods of correcting her. Thanks ! 

FAE4899F-7066-4639-8F3E-927B8802E19F.jpeg

She is a cutie.

Yep I have dealt with it all times 2.

Read my response to @Sitti. That will help answer some of your questions.

Just basic training will help a  ton.

For the cat issue. Luckily my female cat is a &@$! and made it very clear she was the boss first day. I still taught the pups No Kitty command.  Squirt bottle with good aim did the trick.

I also use the squirt bottle for when mine throat grab and shack. There is a bunch of post and videos I did on that.For the most part leave them be and let them work it out. Sometimes getting involved can make it worse.

Mine go to daycare. Have since they were 5 months. Went through a couple of them till I found one that understands their behavior. The other dogs let them know when enough is enough and they have been nipped a few times. But there is a group of 14 Huskies that go at the same time. Love those days. LOL

I ignore mine when I come and go. So they don’t get stressed when I have to leave them and I don’t get taken out coming home.

As far as the attitude. LOL Wait till she hits her teenage stage 😂🤣🤯

I think females are much harder then the males.

Something that worked for my boy's mouthy behavior was that every time he would bite/mouth our hands, we said "toy!"  He learned that if he brings a toy to play with, we will continue to give attention, but if he doesn't (and continues biting), we will get up and walk away.

Archived