New Here

JAXSMOMMY

Hello, everyone. Let me start by saying that we don't have a husky just yet. We lost our baby boxer boy Jax that we had for 9 years on June 28th of this year. He lost the fight with Lymphomia after 3 months. We lost our first boxer Max back in May of 2010. After losing 2 boxers within 10 years due to Lymphomia we are not wanting to get another boxer. We have 2 other dogs, a 9 year old female beagle/daschund mix, and a 4 year old male daschund. We are not ready to get another dog yet, but we have put down a deposit to get put on a waiting list  for a Siberian Husky.  We were told that we would not be able to get one until around Christmas time, or the beginning of next year. By that time we should be ready for one, and if not we will just be moved down on the list for a later date. Our plan is to get a black/white male. We have done some research and feel like a husky would be a great fit for our family. If any of you have any tips, or anything to share with us about getting a new husky pup please let us know. 

Maybe think about a rehome or rescue, then at least you’re more likely to be able to pick one that is healthy and has been checked by the rescue. Just the thought that you have to pay to put your name on a waiting list for a puppy conjures up an image of a place where huskies are bred purely for profit, it saddens me to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it wasn't for having a 9 year old beagle/daschund mixed (Belle), and a 4 year old daschund  (Oscar) I would look to rescuing ,or adopting  a Siberian Husky. Belle and Oscar are both rescues. We have had Belle since she was 4 months old. We have only had Oscar for a little over a year. Oscar was abused before we got him. We are wanting a puppy since Oscar is a little dog, and since Belle is an older dog. We feel that bringing in a puppy will be easier for all of them to adjust than it would be to bring in an older dog. 

Welcome to the pack,  not sure where u are but in the uk there are a lot of husky specific rescues that have older Huskies that will be used to smaller dogs so dont rule it out 100% 

You'll also find any reputable breeder will not rehome pups coming up to xmas time so u might have to wait till next year 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Welcome beautiful little Loki  .........................   Let's hope you do not live up to your name   -   although mischief is at the core of a  husky's DNA.   :huskyfall:

Hi, welcome to you and your pack. [emoji3]
Research is an absolute must, they are angels until around 4-5 months and then it begins......... prey drive kicks in and they love to hunt, destructive if left for too long on their own etc, not trying to scare you [emoji33]
I’d start to train from day 1, a routine is essential for huskies, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank -you all. We are excited about what's to come with him. Having a husky is going to have it's challenges. We have started crate training him. So far he has been good although he has alot to learn. If he lives up to his name we are in trouble. Lol.  He went to the vet today and everything looked good with him. He weighs 9 1/2 lbs today.

20200106_125755.jpg

Archived