Phantom Pregnancy or Immaculate Conception oh and hello im new!

SkyyBlue

Upon reading some of the other forum posts on here I've noticed some identical behaviors in my dog that also describe a pregnant dog. she's losing hair on her belly developing teets and nesting, is always super clingy and its gotten worse as of late. Can anyone tell me what exactly phantom pregnancy is and/ or are these hormonal effects of Skyy still being fully intact at her age (almost four years old), and never having a liter? help 

oh yeah also...

HIII IM SARAH THIS IS MY INTRODUCTION ... story about Skyy and I:

Hi,
I'm Sarah, 
first time husky owner located on the south shore of Massachusetts. 
my husky is Skyy Blue I acquired her from a private seller in fitchburg Massachusetts, where she was still with her mom and dad husky. The woman just simply couldn't handle all three dog, four kids, in her sisters home, newly moved and post divorce. The day that I met Skyy she had escaped out the front door after I pulled in front of the home, before I even got out of my truck. Upon opening my door, I saw, sitting that a husky about a year and a half was patiently waiting for me to open and exit my vehicle. she wast the most beautiful all white husky with two blue eyes. 
She howled with excitement. 
Almost like she already knew that she would be coming back with me.This was to be my best friend. 
When I followed the dog and the woman back inside her house the woman asked me if I wanted to meet the parents (she had them crated in a separate part of the house out of concern I wouldn't be able to handle them all at once.)
I assured her I always grew up with many dogs and it was fine, so she proceeded to let them out.
Boy did Skyy's mom and dad have a few questions for me! 
mom gave me a once over barking and yipping at Skyy to stay back while she sniffed my feet and checked out my scent. 
Then dad proceeded to circle me and glare majestically before giving a big sigh and then a huff and taking a seat. 
Skyy was barking.... the entire time... and we all went into the back yard where the woman had a porch that had a separate entrance by gate that I could spend some time with sky alone in. 
Well protective husky mom didn't like that idea.
While I was in the pen with Skyy her mom proceeded to yelp yelp yelp at dad who, annoyed, raised his paw and with one swoop knocked the latch and Rolled his eyes. 
In mom came with dad lumbering behind her. The woman, a little embarrassed but lacking a surprised expression like the one on my face, said
"oh.... she tells him to open the gate or doors or whatever so they can all get in. they're smart....eh hmmm."
Impressed and a bit fearful of what genes my dog may have inherited, but still even more so in love,  
I asked the woman if she would be willing to hold skyy for me. I was coming into some money but the check would need some time to clear. 
she said of course but made it clear if someone else showed up with the money she would have to let skyy go to them. understanding fully that she was a first come first serve money talks re-homing situation. 

I got in my truck and almost pulled away. The woman was on her way to work and I was watching her exit her home and cross the driveway to her vehicle. I glanced down at my wallet resting in the center console and on a whim and out of complete understanding that Skyy was an absolutely awesome pup and anyone else would scoop her up in a heart beat. Even though I needed the hundred dollars for something else at the time, I proceeded to grab the five twenty dollar bills from my wallet, and raced out of my vehicle to catch the woman before she departed. 
"Excuse me." I said.
"I really want this dog, would you be willing to accept a partial deposit of $100 dollars and I can come back in a week with the rest when my check clears? $100 now to guarantee me skyy?" 
she smiled... and said yes. a week later Skyy and I drove out of fitchburg to her new forever home in Weymouth where we would begin many adventures, and still have more to start.

Photo on 8-7-19 at 6.12 PM.jpg

Welcome to the pack , what a story,  sounds like u were meant to be together , in regards to the 'pregnancy' has she been vet checked?  Male dogs are very determined when it comes to getting to a female in heat so if shes been left unsupervised even in her own garden a dog could have got to her , so it wouldn't hurt to get her checked over , a phantom pregnancy can show the exact same symptoms tho so that's also a possibility 

I'm not sure if you can get it where you are (google might help) but there is an Injection called galastop that helps prevent/stop the symptoms,  so definitely talk to your vets about that also 

Archived