Sign in to follow this  
XXL

Small pets/kids and nipping

Hello everyone my husky Mallow has been getting a bit nippy as of the last 3 days. Now she will be 10 weeks on Tuesday if it was just me and my wife i would be fine with it to a point. The issue is i also have a 4yr son and 4 cats one of whom likes to play with her. I know mulost of it is in my head and the my cat Ratchet and Mallow love to play together but i worry she may bite to hard one day. Plus as i said with my kid she tends to nip at our feet when she wants to play. Any time she does this i tell her know and grab a toy her favorite is tug a war but she would she nip if some one walks by. Any tips to crove this behavior would be great down blow i include photo of Ratchet and Mallow for you to enjoy as well.

20190518_191936.jpg

20190726_155517.jpg

A firm no or Ahah noise and remove her from the room until shes calmed down , shell soon learn being hyper and nipping means play actually stops 

My husky nipped a little too hard on my daughter about 18 month ago. Didn't draw blood but left a mark on her hand. I found my tone of voice was enough to deter her and she's done it since. She knows what the limit is now