Husky tail

Sara6

Hello! Can you tell me, do you have your dogs training on the dog's tail for dog show , or are they up on their own when they see the dogs? I'm asking because we need to take our female to an dog show in Serbia. And can you still tell me if it fills the standard? thank you. I need to she walk look like os second picture of tail standar. 

IMG_20190705_112645_696.jpg

ScreenShot203.jpg

I think that unless your dog is frightened for some reason, her tail will be naturally up on its own!
A dogshow is an exciting and interesting place.
When my dog goes on walks, his tail is almost always up (his is more like fourth picture over) so I'm sure it would be up at a place with so many other dogs and people.

I have not heard of a way to "train" a dog to hold its tail up?

For breed standard, you probably have to post a picture of your husky standing in the right show pose from side...?
Members who know more about this stuff, could see her body structure better than a picture lying down.

18 minutes ago, Shepsky5 said:

I think that unless your dog is frightened for some reason, her tail will be naturally up on its own!
A dogshow is an exciting and interesting place.
When my dog goes on walks, his tail is almost always up (his is more like fourth picture over) so I'm sure it would be up at a place with so many other dogs and people.

I have not heard of a way to "train" a dog to hold its tail up?

For breed standard, you probably have to post a picture of your husky standing in the right show pose from side...?
Members who know more about this stuff, could see her body structure better than a picture lying down.

I don't know if her tail is down because she's in a cage and when she sees a dog he automatically lifts it up and the other female keeps up.Here you can see how you do when it's in the presence of her mother.This brighter is her. 

Not sure what type of show you are entering her in. Requirements can be different.

But show standards here are the first picture.

My female carries like picture one and can be shown. My male carries curled and would be disqualified.

How fun and good luck.

Archived