New to site

essiyll

Hi! I'm (obviously) new here and joined because of my white husky boy, Boris.  Found him in the country about a year ago and had zero luck finding any owners, so he's been ingrained into our family! He's a gentle, personable boy who likes to follow you like a shadow...but is totally fine doing his own thing too. Thought he might be a husky/white german mix since he has brown eyes, but his behavior is definitely husky-like.  First dog ive had over 20 lbs and it's been a learning experience with a number of things like dog aggression/walks/meeting other dogs.  He seems to incite the neurotic dogs to start barking when walking in our stupid neighborhood just...walking nicely...and they go beserk at him.  Kinda wondering if other husky owners ever see that as well? Husky Intimidation (tm)?

41379698_10156774020024430_4088558052586815488_n.thumb.jpg.6476ba73508028efa36d8d7808365439.jpg41495232_10156774020159430_3953739149424459776_n.thumb.jpg.dd0f3bbd3ca53255e8669e08d6a66c7c.jpg

Hmm he looks a lot my guy in coloring and faceshape and dark brown eye color...you're sure he's not part GSD?
Plus he "follows you like a shadow" and "walks nicely on leash"? That' sounds GSDish...
Also, dog aggression is something more common in GSDs than huskies?

Anyhow...
Yes, lots of dogs go berserk at us as we pass by calmly!
I haven't figured out if it's because my dog is big and carries his tail up, or if because most dogs are just badly behaved!?
Little dogs are especially nervous/growly/barky when they see him.
My dog sometimes will growl if he meets another dominant male dog.

On 7/16/2019 at 2:57 AM, Shepsky5 said:

Hmm he looks a lot my guy in coloring and faceshape and dark brown eye color...you're sure he's not part GSD?
Plus he "follows you like a shadow" and "walks nicely on leash"? That' sounds GSDish...
Also, dog aggression is something more common in GSDs than huskies?

Anyhow...
Yes, lots of dogs go berserk at us as we pass by calmly!
I haven't figured out if it's because my dog is big and carries his tail up, or if because most dogs are just badly behaved!?
Little dogs are especially nervous/growly/barky when they see him.
My dog sometimes will growl if he meets another dominant male dog.

Welcome to the pack!  

Huskies do tend to get more hassle than others due to their looks , ears held up and forward plus tail held up is dominance/aggression in doggy body language 

He does look part gsd but that's not to say Huskies CANT be obedient too , my girl is an angel has never pulled on the lead and is very obedient,  she however doesn't like other dogs due to being attacked when she was younger 

Archived