Gwynne's sick.

Keeonah

Currently awaiting vet appointment for Gwynne. Yesterday she refused her Dentastick in the morning, unknown. Since then she has rapidly deteriorated. She has severe diahhrea, is very lethargic which, most of you will know, is certainly not Gwynne. This morning she still has the diahhrea and has started to lose the use of her legs. We originally thought it might have been sunstroke but she hasn't really been in the sun. We have segregated her from the rest of the pack to try to help keep her comfortable. Vet appointment is for 12 noon. 🤞

Here's hoping for good news Gary. keeping fingers crossed.

Ok guys, the verdict is that it's something she's eaten. Namely the ivy that keeps growing through the fence from next door. Had all this last year and it nearly came to blows with her son. They were told by the housing association to get it cleaned up but they seem to think that what they cleaned up last year will also do for this year. They've told the housing association that they have no qualms with me ripping it out and throwing it back over but I don't see why the hell I should clean up their mess. Anyway, Gwynne is on antibiotics and Pro Kolin. Total rest and boiled chicken and rice so good news that it's not to bad but annoying that if others had kept their house in order it wouldn't have happened in the first place. 🤬 

That is good news... if you can get to the root of the ivy, this is advise from a gardner, drila whole in it and pour battery acid in it, it will be dead in a short space of time and no dogs can get ill anymore...

4 minutes ago, robke said:

That is good news... if you can get to the root of the ivy, this is advise from a gardner, drila whole in it and pour battery acid in it, it will be dead in a short space of time and no dogs can get ill anymore...

Thanks Rob. I'm a little bit loathe to do that at the moment as it will just cause more friction. Going down the "nice" route at the moment. I f that fails then I'll be killing it all. had thought about a flame thrower though! WHAT DO YOU THINK??? 😂

5 minutes ago, Keeonah said:

Thanks Rob. I'm a little bit loathe to do that at the moment as it will just cause more friction. Going down the "nice" route at the moment. I f that fails then I'll be killing it all. had thought about a flame thrower though! WHAT DO YOU THINK??? 😂

Flame thrower is a bit harsh...but if you do must make a video....LOLOL

That is great news! 

Well, the fact that it is something that can be healed...

My neighbor’s have ivy and I have a grapevine. Had to fence the back section off to keep the pups from eating it. They ate one grapevine at the base last year. Maybe that’s why they had the runs all summer 🤔🤣.

Anyway., Love the blow torch/flame thrower idea. 😁 

If it’s growing through the holes, depending on how big they are, can you not cover them with something? Cheapest would be duct tape but probably wouldn’t look too good or just nail some green vinyl over it and hope it kills it, it will at least stop it coming through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived