How do I effectively integrate packs?

Brodi and Lona

Hello! We have 2 Huskies, both Male (5yrs & 1.5yrs). A couple days ago, we rescued two more from abandonment, male and female (both approx 4yrs). Our puppy is not neutered and neither is the new Male, who we actually assume is a Malamute. The new one definitely has an Alpha personality and he is VERY protective of his female companion so he isn't getting along well with our two existing Huskies. How do we successfully integrate the packs so as to maintain a harmonious pack environment? 

20190619_184841.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Starting point:

Get them neutered and spayed ASAP.

Until then keep them separate. Once everyone is fixed ( since they are all over a year old it will take a couple of months for the  testosterone to lower) start with small walks on neutral  Territory. 

I would agree on getting them all fixed soon. 

My first two were 1 1/2 years old and 9 months old when I got Kodiak who was about 3.  Kodiak quickly asserted his dominance and I had some issues there, but I took away all the toys and kept Kodiak on a leash indoors in case of any fights. 

Archived