Sign in to follow this  
KaiGuy

Husky feeding suggestions

I'm currently feeding my 5 month old pup Taste of Wild High Prairie and the back of the bag says at 5 months 30 lbs he should be getting 3 cups a day. So I started doing so and after about a week he's noticeably bigger and doesn't run up the stairs how he used to. Just want some suggestions on if that's normal or how much I should be feeding him.

Here's a current photo I just took

kai.jpg

Cut his food down a bit if you feel he is overweight for his size - quite often these manufacturers overstate what dogs need.  Huskies eat less than you would think they need.

He is very pretty.

That is about what I feed mine at that age. 1 cup 3x a day. But my girl got chunky.  Hehhee My male is at perfect weight. So I cut her back 3/4 cup and upped her exercise.

Hard to tell in the picture if he is over a little. Best way to tell is standing over them while they are standing up. Does he have a waistline? If I feed mine too much they would have lose stool. I would cut them back a little and they would solid back up.

Not going up the stairs the same could be for a couple of different reasons. 

My guy is 8 months old I feed him in the morning and in the evening he seems to be hungry after he eats, how much should a boy his age be eating he currently weights 58 lbs can anyone help me on this one ? He is in the middle of his shed and its been going for 3 weeks at least already he just looks so thin to me . 

LOKI BEFORE SHED.jpeg

LOKI DURING SHED.jpg

The photos do not show a waist   -  can you easily feel his ribs, backbone, hips?  58 pounds translates to 26 kilos  -  which is the weight of my 3 1/2 year old husky.

My male is 57lbs and is 15 months.

It doesn’t look like he has a waist line in the top pic and he looks good to me in the second.

Hard to tell though....

I give mine ice cubes after their meals because they act still hungry. *be careful if you have carpet. Their hair gets on the cubes and ingested. Hairballs can cause blockages. 🤣🤦🏽‍♀️