We were at the shelter for a different dog...

Blueeyedgirl

Hello! I am new and figured I would introduce myself. My name is Kimberly and I’m from the USA. My husband is in the US Navy and im a supervisor at a drug store. For a while now we have wanted to get a dog but didn’t know what kind we wanted, or if it was even the right time in our life to get a dog! But I was scrolling on Facebook and saw a tiny puppy at my local animal shelter! It was a Doberman mix (my husbands always wanted one), so we decided to go check him out the next day the shelter was open (We had to wait 3 whole days! It was agony)! When we got there and asked about that particular dog, we found out that he already was adopted. We were so disappointed but we decided that we would go look at the other dogs they had even though we didn’t think we would get one that day. When we walked past the other dogs, we saw 3 beautiful 4 month old white blue eyed husky puppies! They kept “taking” to us and jumping on the fence and were just too adorable. I told my husband that there was no way that they haven’t been adopted yet, absolutely no way!! But we went back inside and asked anyways and to my surprise, they had just been surrendered and none of them had applications in on them yet! So after playing with them for a bit and being super torn on which one was a good fit, we settled on my little Nova. She is such a sweetheart and is so smart and has been picking up on everything we try and teach her so quickly. Unfortunately I did find out from someone who recognized her that her previously owner treated the puppies horribly and that has had some lasting effects on her that we are working on. She is scared of men, luckily my husband has since mostly won her over, but any men she doesn’t know she cries and hides from them. She gets scared when my husband raises his voice. She didnt know how to play with toys at all. And a he will not chew her food, only inhale it, because the man fed all the puppies out of one tiny bowl that they had to all share. I’ve made it my mission to make her life as absolutely wonderful as it can be. And to help her forget everything that’s happened to her. 💕

29455F11-95EF-470E-9D62-61224FF9F0F3.jpeg

ADF191D2-9B7B-40A7-A35E-E4F56149B26F.jpeg

66C13EDD-C80B-4369-BDC6-1D090A63AAD1.jpeg

A1B3C413-183B-4CC8-AC48-08E2DEBB3C08.jpeg

Welcome to the forum  -  yes as BB&S said above  a slow feeder will really help with the feeding issue  -  mostly anything else can be sorted with patience and love and positive reinforcement    -  and as she is so young it should be fairly easy to erase all those bad memories.

Archived