She adopted us

Lunas_Dad

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum so guess I should introduce myself.   I'm retired twice: First as an AF Officer (24 years) and then as an Engineer/ analyst (20 years) and my wife is a retired dental hygenist.   We have always had dogs in our family as long as I can remember, to include several Boxers, a Black Lab, a German Shepherd and a Jack Russell.  However, when our Jack Russell, Rocky, died about 6 years ago, it was the first time in 44 years of marriage that we were without a dog - just two cats.  We had talked about getting another but llife got in the way and we hadn;t gotten around to it.  Anyway, in 2017  we started talking seriously about wanting to get another dog in our lives and were debating what kind to get.  Boxers were high on the list since we'd had several in the past and always loved them.

Well, in Sept 2017, when I returned from town (we live out in the country), as I was getting out of the car, a beautiful Husky just walked up to me.  She was very friendly and calm, but she had no collar or tags.  We thought she might have a chip, so we decided to put her in our rather large dog run in the back and then we would take her to the Vet in the morning to check for a chip.  Well, we found out that Huskys are escape artists as the following morning she was nowhere to be found.  We were sad of course, but life went on.  Then, fast forward a year later, to this past September 2018.  My son and Daughter-in-Law had come over to visit and as they were getting out of the car, all of the sudden, there she was again - waiting to greet them!   This time, we kept her in the house and then took her to the Vet the next morning.  Turns out she did have a chip!  Great!  Anyway, the vet contacted the owner via the number registered with the chip.  Turns out, the guy who owned her had moved out of state due to a new job.  He said he had given the dog to someone but he couldn't remember the contact info for whoever he gave her to.  Now we can't prove this, but between you and me, we have a sneaking suspicion that, not being able to take her with him, he may have driven her out to the country and just dumped her.  Anyway, he agreed to let us keep her and we were able to transfer the chip data to us as the new owners.   

We had never even thought about a Husky, but now that we have her in the family, we are hooked!  She is extremely smart, gental and loyal.  Just a great dog!  She has one blue eye and one brown eye and her (new) name is Luna (There was a full moon the night she showed up the second time and the one blue eye reminded us of the moon).  I'll try to attach a picture.

23412866_LunaandMary-0001copy.thumb.jpg.8fe2d4e21cb0cd6f35aac8d7efa9fdbe.jpg

Welcome sounds like Luna has found her forever home. :up:

If you have questions don't be shy

post-1354-0-32160300-1405679619_thumb.jpg

Archived