Purebred?

Kyloh and Moon

Hi everyone🙂 my bf and I recently got our gorgeous baby Moon and when we bought her the breeders said she was a full bred husky. I saw both parents and they were both black and white huskies. I also saw the litter of pups, there were 6 black and white and 2 all white. I trusted the sellers and didn't think twice about our baby not being a husky until quite a few different people started saying that she wasn't 😕 I love her no matter what she is my baby, just kind of irks me that someone would or could have lied when selling puppers. Her ears are a little big and face a little thin, also her tail doesn't curl too much but does C curve when she's excited or outside. I know she could possibly grow into the husky traits, she's 14 weeks today. Any thoughts?

IMG_20190518_031422.jpg

These few different people saying that he is not a husky. I'm assuming they all have DNA tests? Some huskies look different to others. I've seen some with quite long fur, just as an example, who have full papers for them. 

My husky has long fur  (woolly)  but has the characteristic black and white colouration.   I checked back on my photos and Marley did not develop the curly tail until he was around 5-6 months old  - not one picture before that showed him with his tail curled.   My boy also has brown eyes.   I've seen many huskies with big ears  - the dogs usually grow into them.

Each dog is different  - as are we  - we are a composite of our genetics   - you saw your furbaby as a puppy with his siblings and his parents -  don't let other's who probably dont know the breed sufficiently well make you doubt  -  i.e.  do they own huskies?  Have they seen the vast range in colours  from black, red, agouti, white, blue eyed, bi-eyed, brown eyed?   Are they experienced dog breed judges?    95% of people cannot tell a husky from a Malamute.

At the end of the day does it really matter what other people think?   There is a senior member on here who also has a pure white husky.    Love your gorgeous white husky furbaby and foget those doubting Thomas'

Hi Thomas, hi Marc thanks for the response 🙂 and yes you're right, I've seen many different huskies. Most people have also only seen the black and white and would call a malamute a sib. I love my baby and love watching her grow 🙂 thanks for the reasurance. Ill post more pics of my babies soon, my male is kyloh he's 1 1/2 🥰

Archived