Food bribe, I ain't interested human

Same problem,My 7 months old Husky is immune to all kinds of treats,specially packaged stores bought. When she is excited with people, animals or just being outside, no food matters even when u put it right there in front of her mouth, the pup just doesnt care to eat it.😂😂

Have you tried pieces of ham and different types of treats? My husky is really fussy with treats, he spits out the ones the vet and other dog walkers give him! He likes high meat content ones such as Orijen (the expensive ones haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Food is 100% out of the training process I'm afraid to say, the rescue centre has had her for over a year and know her well now.

I'm not sure how a clicker rewards them, its like Pavlov's Dog, the clicker is the trigger to salivate, but the food is the reward.

But maybe if I discover she has a favourite toy, that might be the reward after a training task.

So my happy face as the reward, stroking the dogs favourite body area or giving the toy.

With Marley as a very young pup the only thing he would take was hot dog sausages.   Then he turned his nose up at them.    The only thing I could get him interested in was dehydrated liver.   Worth a try?

Archived