Political Rant Dog Safety Issue in UK

PaulG

ok i was browsing a shop looking for dog toys and hit on https://www.poundland.co.uk 

I found they are selling cooked hambones as dog treats as we all know ham/pork products are bad for dogs worse cooked bones

they state on the product info """" Ham bone is absolutely ideal to feed as a treat or reward as part of a balanced diet. """"  which we all know is not true

I contacted poundland and they basicly said   we have never had a complain about these.  The fact that Vet addvice is never feed these  to your dogs means nothing to them

I contacted DEFRA and they passed the buck to APHA  who passed the buck again to trading standerds.  I think it is disgusting that a company can sell a product

that is bad for pets to eat legaly even though vet addvice says they should not be eating this product. So could every one phone there MP defra apha ts and make complaints

I tried with the RSPCA and they passed the buck saying they couldnt even introduce an awareness campaign about it or talk to any one on pet owners behalf

on a side note it appears that this product was withdrawn from sale by the FDA in america as several dogs died from  simular  bone treats in 2010

That's why I make my dog treats  -  I know exactly what is in them  -  good quality meat  - grass fed beef and lamb. No pesticides, no chemicals, no gmo, no additives.   

It's unfortunately the same as shops selling cigarettes, everyone knows they are harmful even in low/incidental exposure but doesn't mean they can't sell the shit. It is great that you are so proactive and altering the appropriate authorities but as they say someone else to blame or some other departments problem no one wants to know [emoji849]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived