Husky pregnant day 59 but no signs?

Savanathehusky

Hi im new here so if this topic is on the wrong forum im sorry.. i am looking for some answer that can help me not being so much confused :p

My husky mated feb 15, 16 and 18..so if counting from first mating she should be on day 59 today..and from last mating she should be day 56 today.. 

she had a silent heat in february.. 

Now here's the thing..i dont think She look pregnant at all?..Her former owner who i bought her from, told me that Savana (my husky) always have between 2-4 puppies only per litter. (she have had 3 litters in his possession).

so i know where the average of puppies lays between , the only thing thats different is that her teats are little swollen and pinkish, and she started to whine now and then 5 days ago (like 4-6 seconds every 3-4hrs).

and sometimes she dont want to eat her food (i divided 2 main meals into 4 meals as she should eat lesser more often) , sometimes she eats sometimes she dont..

she lays on her side and sleep a lot more than before, OR she might just be tired? i dont do heavy exercise with her, more than walking in leash few minutes..in some pictures she looks pregnant, some she looks normal/fat.. 

i will add some pictures so you can see..it might just be a small litter and thats fine with me. But i dont feel any movements at all until now and that makes me confused ..i did see something similar to a big kick on her rib cage when she was laying down and i tried to feel movements, but maybe thats just a nerve or twinch when she was sleeping? im not sure.. 

The picture where she lay down, is taken yesterday day 58 of her pregnancy..The picture when she is in leash was taken when she was 2yrs old. she will turn 5 now in october.

I own both Dam and sire, and both has pedigree, so no one will "attack" me about it , just in case :p ..

hope for some answers that can try help me understand more about this pregnancy..TIA

55776256_426785174532696_4700309365750497280_n.jpg

57306061_2327917274112624_3609525180239446016_n.jpg

savana.jpg

Shes 5 and had 3 (possibly 4) litters ? So shes been bred every year since a year old ? Poor poor girl  , have you taken her to a vet ? Has she even been health tested? (Hip and eye scored not just a check up ) I hope the poor baby isnt pregnant,  and sorry if i sound harsh but she should have only had 1 or 2 litters at that age not 4 (if any  at all )

She needs a vet check to see if she is pregnant and why she might be showing no signs if she is as that might cause complications 

If she only has small litters then she won’t look big when she’s pregnant, and she should have had a vet check to ensure mum and pups are healthy. A dogs gestation period is usually 58-68 days.
I agree with the above, that’s a lot of breeding for a 5 year old.
There are so many husky’s that end up in rescue centres because of a lack of knowledge of how to care for this breed, husky puppies are so adorable that people rush to buy them and give them up after 6 months or so, please ensure potential owners understand what is required in caring for one.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

day 62 today and her tummy is going back to normal size so i think not pregnant, and that makes me happy as well , so i can let her rest completely this whole year, her old owner is pushing me to stud her on her next heat again just because he want his puppy share (i bought this dog for 10.000 philippine pesos + 1 puppy of her future stud will go to him) but now when i told him she is not expecting (i had a feeling she wasnt pregnant in the last few weeks) he is pushing me to try stud her again now in august on her next heat but i really dont want..you all are right, she have been bred every da*n heat and now i really think she should and deserve to rest this whole year and we will see next year if ever i want to let her get pregnant, when i got her i was thinking of letting her retier from breeding as her old owner told me "she has never missed her heat, all her heat was positive," but im thinking no more puppies for her, she deserves that :) but all pushing from her last owner because of  puppy share? i think its to much, i mean he did say "from her future litter" and if I, the new owner, decide NOT to breed her again, it should be my call? ..hmm...

The previous owner sounds as tho his interest is purely for monetary gain, he can’t force you to breed her because she’s your dog now, I’d be having her fixed now, she’s not a breeding machine.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

i called a vet thats doing spaying in both dogs and cats and i will bring her there now in 2 weeks from today :) before i bought her we decided that i will get her and pay the same time end of november, but begining of november he kept texting me if i can pay this and this day ? and when we decided that i give him a post dated check and i get the dog same time as i give the check-when we was finally there to give the check and get her home, he told me that his mom wont allow him to release her unless its the date on the check? i thought agreement was agreement .. so we went home without her,,end of november my husband called him and told him we are going to get her and pay the same time so he can return the check as well. his voice sounded nervous ..but we finally got her home end of november and she was little past 4yrs old by then and she was skinny , way to skinny to be a husky :( my vet even thought she was 1yr old only..because she was a small sized husky.. by then she weight only 15kg..but then i switched her ower to raw, because im not a fan of kibbles, and she gained weight and is now 19-20kg and to me thats an ok weight concidering we always go out jogging, letting her run free in the yard and many activities . now when i suspect that no puppies , i can finally let her rest from breeding for good , she is such a gentle husky, sure it would be fun to have her puppy here BUT when imagine her being breed every single heat,,,its like a girl should get pregnant as soon as her baby is born..its to exhausting .. but now she dont need to worry about stud again, no more :D vet in 2 weeks! 

soooo...a fast update .. no puppies so she was not pregnant as u all might now..but now her old owner is saying that im lying to him .......it just makes me angry.. i told him it did NOT take , most probably because she had a silent heat and i might have missed her first day in her heat... and what we thought was day 1, can have been day 6 or 8 already..then he told me that savana is NOT a silent heater, always having normal heats, he knows her more than me, thats what he said .. ? but i told him her vulva was not swollen, nothing, and in a normal heat it is swollen..but this feb it was small like normal and i checked every single day and its small and one day when i checked i saw blood..so i thought, yeey her first day on heat today..but guess i was wrong.. i did have a shooter here to help with the stud as it was our first time, so we called him when we thought it was day 9 of the heat, when he was here, he asked if we was sure its day 9 because the blood was fading in color or got lesser and that usually happens on day 13 and onwards..and he said it might have missed day 1 due to silent heat.. and i will spay savana around 1week from now, and i told him i wont stud her again , but if ever i decide to then i will let him know (i just said that to get him off me from all pushing all the time,,i mean he texting every single day and asking how savana is (when we thought she was pregnant) and even demanded to come here and see her every 5 days?????? ) ... anyway, he told me to change male in next stud , but i wont stud again so i told him i wont stud her again, and then the way he said it all on sound like he is saying im lying? uuuuugh dont know how to deal with people like that on a nice way.. :( 

i did go to the vet 6hrs away when i knew she wasnt pregnant, and i asked him to do both xray and ultrasound just to be sure in case it missed on the other one. i send it to him and told him that even if a dog has normal heats, sometimes they do get silents heats as well but not everyone gets that..then he told me all that..guess just block him now :) yes he would have got 1 puppy from her future whelping BUT since i wont breed her there is no puppies so i dont know why get mad at me , i told him more than 20 times already that she had a silent heat and it might not have been positive stud. he dont seem to listen to that .. but he do seem in need of money , but that is really not my problem. just ignore him i guess :) but ones mood is the worst if its the day of the month and someone talks like that , unless ur mood is rainbows and butterflies :lol:..

hi all, i just told him now that she needs to be spayed because of pyorometra, and he said i should take 1 litter of her first so he can get his puppy..but the problem is, the deal he told me when i bought her was following "I will get a puppy from future stud of savana" thats it, we never said she WILL stud, just if she will stud.. but i blocked him now and hopefully he wont contact me again.. :) 

What a nightmare, if you paid for her and you didn’t sign a contract stating he’d have a pup from her as part of a deal with you, then he has no right to demand anything. Block him and if he finds another way to contact you then get some advice about his harassing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

nightmare indeed .. he just showed up here at home , me and my husband was out in town and the only ones here at home was my husbands mom and his sisters kids , 4 and 2yrs old.. he asked them where the puppies was but they told him there is no puppies because we stud to late and she will need to be spayed in few days . then he heard puppies (my other dog who is a so called "askal" (stray dog in philippines) mated with a dog outside and had puppies few days ago from today, it was her puppies he heard but apparently it was savanas puppies ...........:facepalm: (and YES this "askal" will be spayed as soon as the puppies dont drink milk anymore, i feel its best that way :) i dont know how stupid people can be.. why the h*ll would i put a dogs puppies, with another dog for? and why even lie about puppies..uuuughhh...when we  got home it was war between my husband and this guy haha,,my husband really dont like this guy because he knew he was only after money and to go here at home without asking if ok first, and talking to his mother like that when his nieces are next to her..thats to much.. (in philippines people dont knock on doors like other countries..they just go inside the yard if there is no gate, but if its a gate then they call outside the gate but this time the gate was open ..) but my husband contacted his friend that works at PNP (Philippine national police) so they gave him a warning and omg he got angry..if ever i decide to stud one dog in future im afraid he might make my kennels reputation bad because of this.. (dont worry, im not breeding non stop , just opened a kennel here if ever we decide to breed sometimes only in future ) :) but im glad and soooo relieved this issue is out of the way :facepalm: thank u all for ur advice, hope no one need to deal with people like this .. ugh... 

4 hours ago, chelseafan said:

if you paid for her and you didn’t sign a contract stating he’d have a pup from her as part of a deal with you, then he has no right to demand anything.

we did not sign any contract, all he said before i bought her was " i will get 1 puppy from future stud of savana" he did not say must stud and i did not say to him we WILL stud so i dont know what his problem is ahaha:lol::facepalm:

Archived