Lunar

wolfpup

1097436710_Lunar(3).thumb.JPG.03c1ace0a5ae666ba9c67103e4d26fa8.JPG 

My beautiful Lunar went over the bridge today    -  he wanted to go out for his morning walk  - but only got as far as the gate  and just stopped   -  his legs would not let him go any further.    Marley will miss his friend awfully   -  they were inseparable.     We are heartbroken.   However we had 14 happy years   -  and he still recognised us despite the dementia taking most of his personality over the last 6 months.   Run free my beatuful friend   -  you can run again now without pain.     Patch, Benson,  Kia, Louie and Bernie will be waiting for you on the other side and you can all run together.

Thank you guys.    Marley is in a deep despression  - not eating more than a couple of bites yesterday and today  - even ignoring his lamb's ribs  -  he  sits and looks at it for hours but makes no attempt to eat it.   Last night he did not come upstairs with us  -  but stayed downstairs - the way he has been doing since Lunar got unable to manage stairs.   

Hubby is already saying he needs another dog for company   -   but I think it's too soon.    I need to get him to walk nicely on a lead after I saw yesterday that my hubby could hardly  handle him at all.    The trouble is that I use a harness with Marley  - but hubby can just not get the way to handle the double lead  -  so uses his collar instead   - so Marley pulls like a demented carthorse when out.

We have taken him out three times today   - even took him shopping as he has never been left on his own since 12 weeks old  -  and I doubt if I would have any furniture left if we did leave him.   I stayed in the car with him and sent hubby into Morrisons with a list   -   then I took him for a walk around the car park edges where men were trimming all the hedges and there are smallish open areas of 'woodland'   and he did enjoy sniffing around and scratching at the leafy ground.   However as soon as we get indoors he just shuts down.

Any suggestions guys?

Very sorry for your loss, run fast Lunar......run free....
Marley is grieving and it will take time but try doing things to take his mind off it, other than that I don’t know what to suggest. Hope you’re ok.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Oh wolfpup, I'm so sorry about LUNAR.
This breaks my heart for you. He sure was a stunning, handsome boy!! He is up above in Heaven anew, playing & loving on the others who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. All his beautiful memories will always live deep within your heart.
I feel so bad for MARLEY. I would still keep LUNAR's blankets/things close to MARLEY so he always has a part of LUNAR with him. You may have to adopt another dog close in age to MARLEY so he has a sibling to play with & love. For now, keep giving him tons of love & affection, brush him, tummy rubs, back rubs & lots of kisses. You could buy MARLEY some new things, toys, a rope, blanket and some yummy treats to make him feel really special since he's grieving too.
Prayers for you all.
[emoji295]️[emoji120][emoji252][emoji304][emoji171][emoji295]️

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

On 4/11/2019 at 4:36 PM, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

Oh wolfpup, I'm so sorry about LUNAR.
This breaks my heart for you. He sure was a stunning, handsome boy!! He is up above in Heaven anew, playing & loving on the others who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. All his beautiful memories will always live deep within your heart.
I feel so bad for MARLEY. I would still keep LUNAR's blankets/things close to MARLEY so he always has a part of LUNAR with him. You may have to adopt another dog close in age to MARLEY so he has a sibling to play with & love. For now, keep giving him tons of love & affection, brush him, tummy rubs, back rubs & lots of kisses. You could buy MARLEY some new things, toys, a rope, blanket and some yummy treats to make him feel really special since he's grieving too.
Prayers for you all.
emoji295.pngemoji120.pngemoji252.pngemoji304.pngemoji171.pngemoji295.png

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

We bought a large cool mat for Lunar to help with his night time pacing and panting   -  Marley never went near it   - however since Lunar went over the bridge Marley lays on it all the time  - we have not washed it.    Marley starts back with his old trainer  (who he loves)  tomorrow.   He is always over enthusiastic when meeting new people - but goes really overboard whenever Allan comes around.    We take Marley with us whenever both of us have to be out together  - but thats only a couple of times a week - he is never left alone.   I took him  to the park a few days after Lunar's passing but he was mobbed by three off-lead yappy ankle biters and I hurt my back trying to get him under control.   The women whose dogs they were did not even come over to try and get them back  - there were about 8 people with their dogs - and not one of them tried to help me by calling the three dogs back.   After about 8 minutes of struggling I lost it  -  with them  - not Marley, and they eventially called the nasty little beasts back.   Now he is limited to the beach and promenade when I take him out.  John takes him to the park every morning - but its around 4-4.30am so he rarely sees anyone around.    We have asked our trainer to look out for a suitable match for Marley  - he works with one of the largest dog charities in our area - working with all their problem dogs getting them ready for rehoming etc.   The one dog he mentioned immediately I have discounted as it is an Akita  -  whilst the trainer describes her as a 'sweetheart'   I am afraid of Akitas after one off lead Akita attacked my Borsoi when we were walking in the park  (mine was on lead).   I do not want a dog that is capable of really hurting Marley.    In between walks we have up to four play sessions in the garden  -  he is at last getting the idea that if he does not let us have the ball back then we cannot throw it for him again (although we have three different items to throw  - he runs after the second item with the first one still in his mouth, then leaves it for us to retrieve).

Other dogs can be a nightmare!
We were walking Cai and Luka blue by the river on Monday and a bloke had his nervous rescue staff with him off the lead and he decided to catch us up to build up his dogs confidence, not a problem, my 2 always on the lead, 20 mins in his staff went for Cai’s throat, bit him and then walked off!! I was fuming, the bloke walked off aswell, he must have been embarrassed as he’d spent the whole walk telling us what a good girl she is around other dogs, not aggressive blah blah blah. She’s lucky Luka blue didn’t grab her, he tried but I moved him away, they protect each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Staffy, not staff [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Hope Cai's ok, you were lucky it just bit once and went away.    What is it with some other dogs  -  Marley is all play with anyone he meets   -  but he has been attacked twice  - both times he was on lead and the other dog not.   I do not trust Marley off lead unless there is a 6ft fence all around   - however yesterday when I was out  hubby opened the door to the postman and Marley got out.    He ran straight into the road  - John called him back and luckily he came  -  it surprised the heck out of hubby as Marley does not listen to him at all !

Thankyou, no blood was drawn, thankfully [emoji28] That was very lucky he came back when called. Mine have been attacked a few times now, always dogs that are off the lead. It’s weird how husky’s seem to get that reaction from other dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

• 4 weeks later...

Sad news, but I’m pleased he’s at peace. You can rest easy knowing you went over and above what most owners would do and that shows how much you loved him, he was lucky to have you and you got great joy from having him, that’s a perfect relationship isn’t it!

Don’t quite know how you can help Marley, would he allow an old rescue cat some space or if that’s not likely how about a biggish soft toy that you could open up and put something of Lunar’s inside that smells of him? Maybe leave it near his bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Luna-tic said:

Sad news, but I’m pleased he’s at peace. You can rest easy knowing you went over and above what most owners would do and that shows how much you loved him, he was lucky to have you and you got great joy from having him, that’s a perfect relationship isn’t it!

Don’t quite know how you can help Marley, would he allow an old rescue cat some space or if that’s not likely how about a biggish soft toy that you could open up and put something of Lunar’s inside that smells of him? Maybe leave it near his bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has an oldish cat  -  Socks  - our 14 year old long suffering soul that has spent his life with up to three dogs at a time.  Marley is now much more like his old self, is learning to walk(fairly) nicly on lead  - and has at last been trusted on a 30ft lead  - and I am amazed at how calm he is on it  -  even when mildly attacked (again) by a staffie last Thursday  -  he just stood there  - dodged the snaps that got too close to his face  - but didn't try to move away   - neither did he cower down  - just stood there and let the idiotic dog get on with it - whilst the pathetic owner said  "he's only playing"   -  yeah right  - with fangs bared so hard his nose was pushed upwards !   Needless to say the dog was off lead !

There is a possibility of a new playmate arriving soon  - but we are not telling Marley yet  :yahoo:

I’m glad he’s making progress. A new arrival, sounds exciting. I’m wondering how my neighbour’s dog will cope, he was being walked in our local field when his owner just dropped dead, poor dog, the wife is lovely but she seldom walked him. He’s a Vizla and such a lovely natured boy, he must be very confused. I’m away on holiday or I’d be offering to walk him because he gets on well with Luna.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived