Urinary Inncontenence in 18 month old female

KatiAnn

Hello! My boyfriend and I just rescued a sweet 18 month old female Husky, Bailey. The rescue told us she had been treated for a UTI not too long ago but was over it. We realized shortly after we got her home that she left little wet dribble spots wherever she would sit. When she took a nap she woke up and had left a larger wet spot. It soon came to our realization that everywhere she sat or layed down she was "leaking" urine on herself. She goes outside for potties and pees regularly outside--she isn't actually peeing in the house, she doesn't even realize it's happening. We contacted our vet over the weekend as we have a great relationship with him and he wants to do a urine test to see if it is still her UTI or if she has an underlying issue for the leaking such as spay incontiennce or an ectopic uereter. We have put her in doggy diapers for now to manage the issue and layed puppy pads in her sleep area. 
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has had this issue and how it was resolved or their overall experience? I know there are medications and sometimes surgery depending on the underlying cause. We just want her to be healthy and are really worried. Any advice or help would be appreciated!!! (PS this is our first Husky, our other doggo is a Golden Retriever) 

I also am beginning to think she isn't full husky because she is VERY petite for her age and doesn't have very fluffy fur. I've attached a couple photos, I don't have a lot of experience with Huskys so any input is greatly appreciated!!!

6BF19898-2886-48FC-8D2C-AAB36B50DB18.jpeg

A6EE0FFD-DFC2-4922-9AA6-0103153EC2D0.jpeg

Thank you so much!! Yes, she's is a beautiful pup and very sweet. Update: Our vet tests came back and she has a severe UTI still so they think her previous one actually went untreated and the UTI is causing the incontinence because it's so severe. We were given antibiotics and something to reduce the high acid in her urine. Hopefully they will help her feel better soon! If we don't see any improvements with the incontinence after the UTI is cleared up then it may be spay incontinence. 

Thanks again for all your inputs! 

3 hours ago, KatiAnn said:

Thank you so much!! Yes, she's is a beautiful pup and very sweet. Update: Our vet tests came back and she has a severe UTI still so they think her previous one actually went untreated and the UTI is causing the incontinence because it's so severe. We were given antibiotics and something to reduce the high acid in her urine. Hopefully they will help her feel better soon! If we don't see any improvements with the incontinence after the UTI is cleared up then it may be spay incontinence. 

Thanks again for all your inputs! 

At least you now know   -   and it can be treated properly   -  hopefully you will find it lessens with the antibiotics then stops completely.

Archived