Rolling in own poo

NewHuskyMommy

I have a 3 month old Siberian Husky. We are in the process of kennel training  at night for bed. We take him out for potty right before bed ( witch he will not go outside 💩😖). But Crowley here thinks it’s ok but o pee and poo in his kennel. Then when we wake up (the most disgusting thing EVER 🤮😷🤢) he has rolled in his own poo and pee! Any tips on how to stop this? Or any tips on house braking? Or to get him not to chew on anything but his toys? Please help😊

yup, even though he knows he's not supposed to go inside or in his crate, he may just not have full bladder control all night yet.  If he's crated, he probably doesn't intend to roll in it, there just may not be anywhere else to lay in the space.

Could you adjust his feeding schedule so he doesn't eat anywhere near bedtime...
and, take him on longish walk before bedtime (gets the bowels moving...)?
If he could just go to bed "empty", then he might have a better chance to make it through the night! 

You have to set times to feed & also see the times he takes to poop. Log it & from there adjust the times. So essentially for example like my husky I wake her up at 6am. She gets up & goes outside to pee & poop. She then eats at 6:30am. A hour wait before we walk & then she goes off to daycare. From there after I get home from work at 4-5pm we feed her again. Same routine we walk her & come in. She let's us know if she needs to get out by howling or nudges at us. Before we sleep or are done for day we take her out to tap out anything she may have still in. She goes down & is asleep in the living room. Be very patient it takes time to train & be very on point. It will pay off. 

Archived