Anybodys dog allergic to yeast?

Alicia Doyle

Does anybody have dogs allergic to yeast? What do you feed them? Doesnt seam to say yeast on ingredients but the food upsets him. Only food that i've found work is a vet food diet specific digestive support its about €90 a bag. Dont mind paying it when i have it but i dont always have it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My huskey is allergic to 9 different foodstuffs  -  yeast not being one of them.     Your best bet is to feed raw   -  preferably from scratch.   Starch and grains are the enemy as you probably already know.

Yes  - as long as you know what you are looking for.    I have to ensure that the meat my husky eats has not been fed soya, wheat, corn or oats, so I have far more of a problem.     My old dog trainer get his 4 dogs food direct from a slaughter house  ..................................its not for me - been veggie for over 40 years  - feeding raw is bad enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I buy human grade meat from Lidl, good quality, I buy beef mince, turkey mince, chicken breasts, lamb steak from there and Morrison’s have a butcher so I buy lamb ribs and kidney, heart and liver.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Fish from Lidl and Morrison’s also

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I never used to cook anything  -   however Marley got salmonella poisoning  and it took 4 1/2 months to get rid of it.   HOWEVER   the dog that succumbs to salmonella poisoning is rare.   The dog MUST be compromised already    -   Marley had food allergies I was unaware of   -  which caused bleeding ulcers   -  and that is how the salmonella got through into his blood stream.

A healthy dog can cope with 99% of salmonella strains  just as well as all the other bugs he eats on a daily basis. 

I cannot give chicken/duck/turkey or pork to Marley now   -  as those animals are routinely fed   wheat, oats, soya and corn   -   all of which Marley is allergic to.

If you are totally new to raw feeding I can give you a list of web pages that will give you a good grounding, and also tips on balancing the fats and omega 3,6  ratios.    Dont forget raw eggs as part of the diet  -  and raw sardines and herrings  -  they are more nutritionally complete than even an egg  because they contain Vitamin C  -  which an egg does not.

This is a list I compiled of all the different vitamins and minerals that each animal meat contains  which should make your life a lot easier:

CHICKEN PORK BEEF LAMB EGG SARDINES HERRINGS SALMON  
A A     A A A A  
B1 B1 B1 B1 B1 B1 B1 B1  
B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2 B2  
B3 B3 B3 B3 B3 B3 B3 B3  
B5 B5 B5 B5 B5 B5 B5 B5  
B6 B6 B6 B6 B6 B6 B6 B6  
B9 B9 B9 B9 B9 B9 B9    
B12 B12 B12 B12 B12 B12 B12 B12  
          C C C LIVER  KIDNEY
        D D D D  
        E E E    
        K K K    
CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM CALCIUM  
COPPER COPPER COPPER COPPER COPPER COPPER COPPER COPPER  
        IODINE IODINE IODINE IODINE  
IRON IRON IRON IRON IRON IRON IRON IRON  
MAGNESIUM MAGNESIUM MAGNESIUM MAGNESIUM MAGNESIUM MAGNESIUM MAGNESIUM MAGNESIUM  
MANGANESE MANGANESE MANGANESE MANGANESE MANGANESE MANGANESE MANGANESE MANGANESE  
PHOSPHORUS PHOSPHORUS PHOSPHORUS PHOSPHORUS PHOSPHORUS PHOSPHORUS PHOSPHORUS PHOSPHORUS  
POTASSIUM POTASSIUM POTASSIUM POTASSIUM POTASSIUM POTASSIUM POTASSIUM POTASSIUM  
SELENIUM SELENIUM SELENIUM SELENIUM SELENIUM SELENIUM SELENIUM SELENIUM  
ZINC ZINC ZINC ZINC ZINC ZINC ZINC ZINC  

Chicken is extremely high in omega 6:3     (28:1)   so really needs to be given with something that is high in Omega 3:6  like raw whole fish (sardine or herring) or phytoplankton (spirulina or chorella etc).   There are now loads of raw feeding places around - check the internet for one local to you   -  I get a kilo of herrings or sardines (frozen) for around £3  - about 30-40 fish  - and they only need one or two fish with chicken to help balance the omega 3:6 ratio.    With the phytoplankton you only need 1/16th   or 1/8th of a teaspoon of powder mixed in with the meat.    Beef, Lamb and Goat are also low in omega 3's so its a good idea to give phytoplankton (or fish) - although they are only moderately high in omega 6's (6.9:1) so nowhere near as bad as chicken/duck/turkey etc.

As long as they get a balance over say a week your dog(s) will thrive  -  the biggest advantage is that the vitamins and minerals in raw food  are NATURAL vitamins and minerals that your dog's body will easily recognise and be able to use   -  rather than chemical vitamins and minerals  added later to get past the food inspectors.

The meal  should also contain 10% bone   -   I usually give Marley a couple of lamb's ribs  a day as a treat   -   he would do almost anything for a rib  - and it is the bone portion of his mid-day meal   - even if he ges it in the afternoon or evenings.    I get them from my butcher at 60p a kilo.

Hope this helps

Archived