Does she love me ?

Tima

Hey guys , 

i have a husky puppy i’ve had her since October 2018 , she is now 6 months old . I really love her and I spoiled her , but I’m really sad because she doesn’t really miss me or show me any love . She only comes and listens when there’s food involved in the matter . I left her for 5 days in a pet hotel and when i went to pick her up she didn’t care  and didn’t seem to be happy or excited. She was normal.

I train her and walk her and talk to her and play with her . She won’t listen to me or obey anything if we’re outside the house. When we go to the dog park she acts like she doesn’t see or hear me ! She would play with the other dogs and ignore me . She loves other people but won’t give me any attention. If i bring  treats and try to get her attention she doesn’t even care and sometimes she take the treat and throw it away and walk . 

Her vet says that she is still a puppy it’s okay  . I got cuz i wanted a pet to spend time with and love and cuddle and she’s none of those . Do you think she’s gonna change and love me as she grow up? 

Thank you 

Hi I’m sorry but that’s a typical husky you’ve got there! Huskies tend to come to you on their own accord, and they aren’t very cuddly dogs I’m afraid. They like to have their own space

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Sounds like a true husky to me...mine after 8 years only come to me for a cuddle when they want to... and it is that the spaniel makes a racket when we come in they will join in but otherwise they just lay there...

Ours is 2.5 and much the same as others have said. They're very independent dogs, she respects my wife more which is interesting because I walk her and spend more time with her. You'll learn that they show their love in different ways to other dogs. Ours never really showed much care until 1/1.5 and she comes and lays near us and wants to be patted on her belly when she's laying

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Pretty much as everyone has said, husky’s come to you when they want to not when you ask. My 2 love cuddles and will cuddle up to me on the settee and the bed, not so much as pups but they’re both 3 now and I’ve noticed a change as they’ve got older, maybe yours will to.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Luna is 6 1/2 months and she’s been a very cuddly dog from when we got her at 6 weeks. Although it is when she wants to cuddle lol. And o must say when I leave her to go to work my boyfriend says she howls for me and I get the loveliest greeting when I come home. She’s very clingy with me but every husky is different. Guess Luna isn’t the typical husky from the above comments.

• 3 weeks later...

My Luna is nearly 8 and we rehomed her nearly 18 months ago. She is such a lovely dog but she spends nearly all her time outside. We have a dog flap so she can come in but will even sit out in rain. When she comes in she will lie down but never comes over of her own accord but may if we call her. It saddens me a bit but I know I can’t change her nature so I just respect her and enjoy whatever time she gives me which isn’t much. The closest we get is during grooming, she loves it so much she’ll lie there for hours.

I hope you don’t resent her for not being demonstrative, Huskies are such amazing dogs that there is lots we can enjoy about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Marley spends a lot of his time on his own -  either outside or in a separate part of the lounge -  he only really shows affection when he wants a lamb's rib   -  although he goes nuts when I  have been out then come back from shopping etc.   They are different from all other dogs on the planet  - but are the nost rewarding  - if the most frustratiung dogs on the planet.

Welcome to the husky owners world.

Ours, all different:
Luka, dumped on the moors aged 5 and now 14. Terrible SA but will totally ignore us (though he's become a touch more affectionate the last couple of years).
Mila, had since pup,10. Ignores us most of the time though will come for a cuddle if asked.
Granite, escaped the dog warden and was feral on waste ground for 6 months, probably between 6-8. Comes and says good morning to me, every morning, jumps up whilst I'm sitting at computer. Very affectionate.... and jealous of others!
Skye, adopted at 9 months now 6 (she used to roll over and submissively pee if voice was raised - now we shout at her and she doesn't take a blind bit of notice!), total princess and demands attention all the time.
Bolt, adopted at 2 now 5, the baby despite being the largest. Regularly comes over to have his ears rubbed  - has 'autoleg' as you walk passed him (leg raised in anticipation of a tummy tickle)

• 1 month later...

My boy is about a year old now and I would say he was quite similar. We recently did some training sessions as he would only listen when food was involved. I feel after the training our bond has been better than ever. He knows now I am in charge and can keep him safe, and we understand each other a lot more. He now has a desire to follow me and always stay close by my side. However, he is still not a big cuddler and I don't think it is in his personality to be, but he is a lot more affectionate by far. 

Archived