Pluck the ears?

Delene

Hi,

I am wondering if it's a good thing or not to pluck the ears of a husky. In the last two years my husky (10 yrs old) has been experiencing problems with his ears on and off. He has received antibiotic pills and ear spray. But the infection keeps coming back after a few months. It made me wonder if plucking the ears could help. We have followed the vet's instructions and finished the antibiotic cures. But after about 3 to 6 months it's back again. Anyone experience this? Would plucking help? I have also read cleaning the ears with apple cider vinegar helps, but so far I haven't seen any effects. I clean his ears with a cotton ball dipped in the apple cider vinegar once a week. Anyone have helpful suggestions?

We clean ours with cotton wool and dap of baby oil  to keep the ears from drying out...Bindi is the one with ear problems and since we used baby oil has not been back to the vet with ear problems...

Archived