Digging & playing with other dog

ranai

Hello, It's me again with questions 😁

So, Odin likes digging (so that is normal and i don't mind him getting dirty).

But two times while digging he found something small and alive that he ate in 2 bites, i only heard a short squeak and done.... Now he's addicted to digging and the other day while I was out with him and the neighbor with his dog, he didn't play with the dog like usually but he was focused on digging.

I went to him and grabbed him  by the harness to get him away from digging so he goes and plays with his friend. That was when it happened, Odin for the first time growled and bit me lightly. It wasn't a full bite but it was harder than his "play" bites and it shocked me.  Do any of you have tips on how to react on this kind of behavior? 

And I've got some more questions.

When he plays with the other dog it seems like he's too rough. They don't bark on each other or growl, but bite constantly. 

Odin is almost 6 months old and his friend is 8 or 9 months old. It also seems he doesn't know his limit. After we get home from playing he will breath fast for the next 20-30 min and it doesn't look pretty, is that normal?

And here, a photo of the the "little" one 😁

IMG_20190303_110823.thumb.jpg.6aa0f6e59864c6dc0ca21bd2ac325bed.jpg

Huskies love their prey hunting.. mine love moles, rabbits mice and small birds...one they are on the scent it is difficult to get them of it that is why when you pull it back from the scent it will growl...

huskies also play rough rougher then most other dogs lots of noice and neck fur biting...

the "breath fast" panting is really the only way dogs sweat and cool down and is very normal...

Huskies are quite bitey when they play that’s perfectly normal!

As above I wouldn’t pull him away when he’s digging, try and call him away but to be honest you’ve not got much chance of stopping it

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank you everyone. So i'll just be at peace with it and hope he doesn't eat anything poisoned. So far the list of dead animals / animal parts I've got out of his mouth is beyond anything I've imagined, and we just got started :D

Archived