Sign in to follow this  
Macaiwere

What's your hobby?

My hobby is indoor archery...

I play music (classical guitar and violin - renaissance and baroque and Bach).
And we like to hike ...our dog joins us for that!
( Although he leaves the room when I play guitar, which makes me a little sad. Weird, but he doesn't mind violin and will lay right there.)

I'm an olympic recurve outdoor Archer.

(that means I shoot an Olympic Recurve bow, not that I shoot for england in the olympics (I wish I was that good LOL))

• Haha 1

I like to buy old furniture and give it a new lease of life, sanding it down, oiling it or painting it, whatever it needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I do embroidery and painting, also a bit obsessed with decorating my house (my bedroom gets redecorated once a year!)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 1

If you have read my posts I am a goldpanner and prospector. Of the 4000 minerals on earth Ive found one of them it was identified as La Ce Po4 So3 a lanthanide rare earth  actually found in North Wales its comprised of small ovoid purple metallic lenses. Identified by Dr Hillary Pritchard a world expert on platinoids. (she used a electron probe) I find new gold rivers yearly There are over 100 hundred goldmines in North Wales check out the story in Goldmines of Merioneth by G W Hall. Id recommend you discount any of his theorys on how to locate the lodes or rock involved he was the prospector for Gwynfynydd  ( welsh for white mountain)(the white been quartz which was found to be shot through with gold but not initially)But his knowledge was brought into question and he was replaced by geologist Professor Black . Intrestingly the book has a photo of Miss Gunn a geological student of Prof Black  taking a sample off the wall of the mine. The photo is a real photo as she was a total disaster im told by miners who were there at time. Her job was to run assays on all the rock they mined through. Prof Black came on his monthly visit to check on progress and as he walked through the workings they came across a sheet of marcasite. he asked if Miss gunn had assayed it she said no. They rushed off with a sample to assay and he found it was supersaturated with gold. He asked the miners what had happened to the stuff taken from the mine. They told him they had tipped it down the dump. There had been 6 wagon loads and for two weeks he had the dump excavated for all of it. Fact was they had only tipped 2 load over the side of the dump and buried 4 loads in the waste heap as they had suspected that it was something special. It was estimated they had lost gold in the marcasite to a value of £2000000 . I got to know Jack Williams of Clogau and became friends so much so he gave me the location of his secret goldmine that he used to operate when he not prospecting in Clogau. He built his house at Bontddu initially from his first working there. His daughters wedding and other important family events. Ive al;ready said the area holds great intrest for me  as lots of things can be found in the area including uranium molebdium copper  and in places vast if staggering amounts of gold. 

• Like 1

My hobby is herbal medicine

• Like 1

Wow, what a cool variety of hobbies! I believe that everybody has their unique gift/interests/talents to contribute...

Also like books and gardening. Ive a tw0 acre garden . Garden difficult as im at 1200ft above sea lv and its extremely windy. Clyde valley windfarm is 3 miles behind me the Southern upland way 800 yards away in the reports  of the walk they state this is the worst section . Two years ago in March if not May three guys out walking 12 miles away two died of hypothermia. I in fact did not take the dogs out because I did not fancy getting the max gear on to brave the snow blizzard and bad weather plus the thought of having to dry off two huskys after that slush fest . Ive over the years made log walls  around the place and had to make soil as the place is threequarters a playground. Two orchards about 1000 trees ive planted Plums /pears/ apples/ cherry blackcurrant redcurrant raspberry tayberry loganberry strawberry Siberian lily ill bring some seed for anyone intrested its not a showy flower  but the perfume it gives off fills the garden. Ive several thousand books a couple of hundred big hardback lots encyclopedias and several hundred books on cooking. Its a favourite part of going shopping browsing charity shops Lanark when I went the St leonards hospice was a favourite my newest place is a mix of Barnardos in Dumfries where you get 5 books for £3 and the other is Shelter.The difficulty gardening here is the season is months shorter than other places ive lived. Its a month behind Dumfries. My daffodils come out in May ive several thousand in banks. Ill most likely miss them as ill be at camp in wales when there out in full display.Ohh ill mention major problems I used to have were invaders moles rabbits hares but gradually sorted them out as years gone on . but sheep other side of fence Monty heard them this morning when out just yard rom him but ignored them baaaing. The major problem is the cows they eat the trees in my garden and climb up the fences and walls breaking them down  making it fairly dangerous letting my dogs out  at times. Ive still lots of repairs to do before I come away otherwise I could come back to a disaster if they got in to feed. 

Hello everyone, my name is Taras, and i wanna share my favourite hobby with you. My fovurite hobby is cycling. But, it became my favourite hobby recently. When i first thought about becoming a cyclist i was very excited, because all members of my family were already cyclists. So, i started looking for a bicycle.My budget wasn't that big, i had only 200$.And i thought that mountain bike would be a perfect option for me, but i didn't know what type should i pick. I found thousand sites with different information about types of bicycles but i didn't find what i needed. But then, maybe 2 days after my researching, my brother came to me and showed this site (http://bestadviser.net/reviews/mountain-bikes-reviews/top-mountain-bikes-helmets-and-clothing-review/) and this was such a relief for me, because only this site helped me pick my type of bike. It showed me different bikes, their prices and their specifications. And i found excellent bike for me. This is how it called :"Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension Mountain Bike". Yeah, that's right, it sounds like a name of spaceship!!) And riding this bike is the same thing as flying on the spaceship!)

I guess photography would still qualify as a hobby, though for us (OH and myself) it's a business now.
Though yesterday we did shoot the FDCUK racing up in Dalby Forest (as a fun, hobby type thing, not business - as they're such a great, friendly, unpretentious sled dogs and any other breed racing club 😀) @Keeonah

_MG_2108.thumb.jpg.9af2ae2ff420a88ef85cde37104a41da.jpg

• Like 1

My hobby is bodybuilding. I really love this sport. I love a beautiful human body, for me it is an art and it looks cool. Therefore, recently I quite often spend time on dating sites, about one of them you can read the review here https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating-sites/snapsext-review/ After reading through these reviews, you would agree that this site is different from the rest, and only a few places like Snapsext have such amazing features to offer. There are lots of packages for everyone. Hence, both new and old members have one obligation to fulfill: Make your choice. This platform is one of the multipurpose dating platforms on the web.