Dog Hackles? Or something else

bridiculous

Hi! 

Im a new dog owner to a crazy little husky that we saved from our local shelter. We got him at 2 1/2 months and now he’s just over 5. I can’t seem to figure out this mystery of why my dog has a constant Mohawk starting from his head to the front half of his neck and back. Ive read about hackles but I don’t know what this is because it NEVER goes away! Ive tried brushing it out, blow drying, and he just always has this hair sticking up! Anyone have any theories?? Thanks (-:

19FEFA64-277D-42A6-AE2F-4723A7A13D31.jpeg

AC319278-6284-40C2-92C6-349479E3B6BA.jpeg

My dog hackles up sometimes...( when meeting other large male dominant dogs ) and his is more widespread. You can actually see his fur lifting/standing up over his neck and halfway down his back, it is not in such a narrow location?

So if his fur is always like that, even when calm and relaxed, and you don’t see it visibly lifting up...it must not be hackling! Maybe just something about the way his fur is growing there? Rhodesian ridgeback is a good guess! I can’t think of any other breeds that have the line of fur that stands up...

Archived