Hey all from Odin!

ranai

Hello everyone. I just joined your forum after only lurking for a while. 
I became a husky owner 3 months ago.  Odin is my first dog ever and I'm trying my best to give him the best. 

I absolutely love the little guy, but he's not easy to handle. 

Currently he is 5 months old and growing like crazy. 

Fortunately for me we had potty training down in a few days and he never pooped in the house. 

The things we need to work on is biting and pulling, he doesn't bite hard but he has an obsession for having human parts in his mouth, in the first week i got him i had no whole pants left ( that made me really miserable but now i just don't care about tiny holes in clothes haha)...

And I talked to Sid over facebook and I'm buying him a lot of indie-dog gear so I hope that'll help our training not to pull all the time like mad.

I also need to research food for him more. Right now he is on kibble, I've done some research and barf just seems like a lot of hassle compared to kibble. I know barf has a lot of benefits  but him being my first dog I just don't feel confident experienced for barf.

For the brand I chose is Acana, Orien is just to pricey for me. But I have a problem.

The store I get it from stopped importing Acana and they offered alternative brands.  

The first one is Purizon and the second one is Wolf of the Wilderness. Purizons puppy food seems really similar to Acanas puppy and junior food I'm giving to Odin right now, it's grain free and 70% meat / 30% veggies. I don't know much about WotW so if anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated.

And for the end of our introduction here is a photo of the lil' guy. 

I know the stuff I wrote is a mess but i have a lot to read and say right now so I don't know where to start.

Thank you all for your time

IMG_20190127_153553.jpg

Hi,

He’s gorgeous 😊 can you getTaste of the Wild puppy food? My Luna loves the salmon one. If you’re in the UK then you can get a 6kg bag for £27 on amazon. It’s the best IMO and according to a lot of others husky owners too. Also with regards to the biting, Luna was the same, my hands were cut to pieces and holes in my trousers too lol. But now that’s she’s nearly 5 months, she’s much better. I used the time out approach. If she but then I would get up and move away. If she was really bad then I would close her in the kitchen for a few minutes until she calmed down. Huskies are awesome dogs but they do indeed test your patience 😂

Btw Luna says hello 🐶💗

7BFFA018-D310-4B89-83C1-68DEB2373A25.jpeg

Gorgeous pup   -  yes  huskies are a very challenging breed,  they will constantly keep you on your toes   - but believe me there is no better dog on the planet.

I've been raw feeding for about 12 years  -  and yes it scared the pants off me to start with   - but nowadays you have complete raw food suppliers that have done the hard work for you.  If you are in the UK  you must give Paleo Ridge a try.   My husky has severe food allergies and they were the only company I approached with his problems that could guarantee four of their foods contained none of the 9 things he is allergic to.

I acknowledge that a kibble food is easier (for us) and from what I have learned here  the Taste of the Wild  is one of the better ones.     If you continue to feed kibble  - add a tin of sardines (in spring water or olive oil  NOT sunflower oil) -  once or twice a week  -  it contains every vitamin and mineral your furbaby needs   -  its more nutritionally complete than a raw egg  -  and that's saying something.

If on the other hand you really want to learn about raw feeding I can send you loads of links to give you a very good grounding.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your welcome. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm not from the UK, but on a bright side I found another store that delivers Acana to my country  at a really good price. So "the great food crisis of 2019" is is done for now I hope. 
I'll give barf a try down the road, we have a buisness making barf in our country but it's not on a good reputation so I'll have to do my own research and find what's best for him.

Archived