Aurora.

Pinkie Britt

Start researching. Do lots of research.

When searching for training techniques make sure it is for Huskies. I have found that these guys do not take to some or most of traditional “dog” training.

Only use a high value treat for come, leave it, and drop it. Those are the most important commands with a Husky.

Lots of exercise. Mine are extremely destructive when board. I found doggy daycare for days that I have to leave the house is worth every penny.

Find what comes natrural to her and custom a job for her around that. My girl loves to prance around and Twhirl so my daughter has started teaching her dance steps. The boy is a brute so I do a lot of pull command training for him. You can  intergrade little training moments in your everyday routine. Example: My girl has to twirl before going in her crate for meals or treats.

Creat training is a personal  preference. I like to have mine at least accustom to being in one. In case they have to go to a vet, or there is an emergency and they have to be created to evacuate... So, they are feed all meals and get their toys and or treats only in their crates. I am not sure if you have other animals or kids but feeding in a crate allows you to give meds without worrying about other things getting it. I leave my crates open during the day and they do go in on their own and nap or hang out. 

Huskies run thin. Be carful not to over feed. Causes diarrhea. Get a good quality food. I feed one cup AM and one cup PM with a cup of boiled turkey for training. 

Rehouse break. When you are home do the umbilical cord training. Take her out every hour for five ten minutes. If she goes, praise her. If not go back inside with no praise and try again in five or so minutes. By doing umbilical cord training you are also teaching her rules of the house. Once she doesn’t have an accident then take her every two hours, then so on. Huskies will potty in the house when upset. My male will pee in the tub when he is mad at me. LOL Plus it sounds like she may have been in the shelter so she is used to peeing and pooping inside.

Lots of exercise, be very patient, lots of training, and lots of love and play time.

Do not punish. Ignore bad behavior and praise like hell for good.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived