Husky mummy

Huskyone

Hi everyone, I’m Kate have my fur baby -fifth gen husky who is just THE best girl ever. Anyway long story short- I find myself on here looking for advice as she’s currently limping real bad. I suspect our breeder knew- he had one pup back with a damaged leg, and Her and her sister were going cheap - apparently they had planned on showing her..but his wife was supposed to be pregnant so plans changed. 😒 

I was just hoping to gain some insight into any other members with similar issues, I saw some posts I would like to go read so I joined up 😊 

1BBF1607-55DB-424C-B266-07B11E689FC3.jpeg

Welcome.

She is so beautiful! I love her colors.

Was there a vet guarantee? The breeder that I got my two from gave us a 72 hour vet check guarantee for a full refund and stated we had until they were 6 months to return them for any reason (no refund).

All I could suggest is get a vet that you really trust. I have a holistic vet so we don’t get pressured into a bunch of un-needed drugs.

Hi Jessica,

She came with the usual (for here) vet check *note it’s his personal vet though 😒, two needles, microchip, puppy passport, sire lineage, and six months puppy insurance. I couldn’t give her back- she’s my baby. I’m looking In to other vets.  Thanks 

There was moments of OMG what did we get into especially getting two. LOL but ya I had to ask the breeder if anyone ever did that.... two young females on the property were given back to him. 🥺

I learned a long time ago (horses) to never trust “their” vets. 

I was actually just talking to a friend about my new vet, she said she used him for her black lab with your same issue!

Not sure if I am repeating what she said correctly but I will try....

I guess he was able to inject her with a Steroid (can’t remember the name she called it) to swell the knee (it was injected in the  tendons) to let it heal on its own with out putting pressure on the joint and not putting extra on the other leg from limping. She said it was every week then every other week and so on for about 8 months. But it gave her enough time to correct it as much as much as it was going to. Her lab was older by the time they found this vet though so hopefully since your little girl is young it may not take as long. 

Anyway, I thought it was funny that she just randomly brought this up to me while we were talking about my daughter’s birthday, after you had posted. 

If you need more details I can ask her more about it. I just didn’t put two and two together until now. 🤪

Thanks.  I’m wondering if she has a torn cruciatic tendon. I’m going to try and tubi grip her Joint and see how she goes. Problem is she’s a sock eater... 😂 so anything I put there if not secure will likely end up going through the system. 🤮

Are you sure our pups are not related??? LOL

I was taking mine to the emergence vet 2x a month for the first 3 months. We are about once a month now LOL. 

First it was the boy and now I have him trained and I can trust him. But now it is his sister and she eats EVERYTHING!

The ER vet advised that I basket muzzle train them until the grow out of it. Man did that save our butts! 

46C1FB71-402C-4E58-BEF3-74ED320A7F19.thumb.jpeg.1b324a38126c953cacf94cda3b1628a7.jpeg2F7B285F-A90C-4332-AF2D-983EE5293468.thumb.jpeg.5144d15c5ca79b5952873ab841bd247e.jpegEF103A02-5B93-4AF6-841C-CA31B2316413.thumb.jpeg.b27bc19717a6ab488efafa0a2092928a.jpegEC586C56-985B-4600-B847-20E297757839.thumb.jpeg.15c16f94655060c598df3d71d675831c.jpeg

Archived