My agressive husky

Shaneo

Hi all,

First time posting on this forum and I am looking for some advice.

I have a pure breed male husky and a Dogue de bordeaux when it comes times to dinner time, where the husky become aggressive towards the other dog over food. The husky has been known to became  protective of my son when people enter the yard.  While feeding both dogs this time, from either end of the yard, both dogs engaged in a fight. I then tried to separate both dogs when the husky then latched onto my arm that caused punctures / gash on my arm.

This is where i require advice.

I am not sure if i should either put him down or rather re-home the dog, but something has to be done. I'm nervous to re-home the dog due to the potential of him being involved in the dog fighting scene.

Any advice would be great.

Regards

Shaneo

Resource guarding, it can be fixed if you're willing to put the work in , start by feeding them completely separately so one outside one inside or in seperate rooms etc, I'm not sure why you would put him down ? Dogs fight sometimes, he didn't mean to latch onto you , you got in between a dog fight and he redirected, once dogs are in that kind of zone he probably just thought u were another attacking dog

Have a look at this link and hopefully you can work with your dogs
https://positively.com/dog-behavior/aggression/resource-guarding/

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks for getting back to me.

I forgot to mention that in the past he has tried too and has bitten other people that have enter the yard. How ever due to this unprovoked  behavior we are concerned since my last hospital visit because we have young children and that his behavior is getting more aggressive.

I'll have a looked at the link that you attached above.

regards

Shaneo

I need putting down and rehomed as well I am food aggressive as well do not believe me try taking my food away...

calmly hand and feeding will help as well as what Nix says....

Archived