Need advice please

lovelife82

Hi,

My question is can you use dog wipes to clean your dogs intimate areas. Is it safe to use or should I buy a flannel cloth and use some of her puppy shampoo mixed with water to give her a wipe there? Or just use water with the cloth?

Thanks

Amanda 

I would not use wipes at all, not sure about all the chemical is them and what they would do to the pup... if needed to be done just a cloth with water would do it for me... but then they are wonderful at keeping themselves clean so mer personally would not even bother with that...

I would not use wipes on their privates. I also would not use soap either even if  diluted. If she is needing to be wiped there, I would get her checked for yeast or bladder infection. These guys are self cleaning. *if you absolutely have to wipe her, try the apple cider vinegar and water mix. Since it is being used on a  sensitive area I would do 25/75 mixture. Apple cider will help with yeast.

I have and still do use baby non cented hypoallergenic bathroom wipes on my boy when he has massive diarrhea and it gets stuck on his butt hairs. I have not had any issues.

I also use a wash cloth with just plan water to wipe down legs and paws after walks. On snowy nasty days I was advised by my vet to use which hazel to wipe down legs and paws to ensure road salt and other chemicals are cleaned off. 

Archived