Boy struggling with breathing

ZachAttack

I had to get fish this month as they didn’t have any chicken left (his usual raw diet). He’s been on this diet for 3 years and had no problem so I’m guessing the change to fish is causing this wheezing/cough. It’s happened very rarely in the past but now it’s happening quite a lot. Should I be concerned/go to the vets?

He’s happy as can be and looks healthy all the time apart from these 10-20 second episodes 

8 hours ago, 2Huskyfun said:

I would let a vet check that out.

It could be that he developed an allergy to fish, has a small fish bone stuck,  a bad tooth, or he has a slight cold.

Just too many things could be causing it.

Hope he feels better soon 

He’s been okay today bless him. Hoping it’s just a cold like you said. Fingers crossed he be fine 

Lunar does this quite a lot and has been doing so for a couple of years  -   at least once a day   -  otherwise just fine.    Never does it at the vets though  -  and the vet has tried to make him cough.   Lunar always ends up  sort of wretching  -  never brings anything up  -  then just stops and goes about doing what he was doing.    He is usually on the settee resting when this starts   (its leather so should not be an allergy)

Archived