Bindi has been ...

robke

diagnosed with osteoarthritis in her right hip she is now on painkiller/inflammatory agent tablets and tomorrow we will have a convo with the vet to see if we can get her on supplements instead of these tablets...

she was also to have rest and relaxation in the last wee...uhmm yeah right bouncing on the sofa and doing the zoomies...think tablets are working LOLOL

Poor thing....

Ya I don’t think vets think through the whole “keep them calm and quiet but here is some pain pills to make them feel great” LOL

Not sure if CBD is legal in your area, but it does work great and is a great alternative to taking a bunch of pills. My girlfriend has an 11 year Great Dane with that and she only gives him CBD. He has good days and bad days but it seems to really help him.

I feel your pain.... my pups are so mad at me and I feel so bad. They want to play but every time they do her mouth starts bleeding. 

Hope everything goes well

do not do CBD in any which way form or shape whatsoever is a personal thing....

have to look into yumove not sure but then if you can get it in the UK can always get it send somewhere and then send to me....

and yes zooplus sells yumove

Arthritis is easily manageable Rob.  Our Sasha has arthritis of the spine. She lets us know when she's uncomfortable and we manage her pain but as for getting her to rest, forget it. They're huskies mate and, if they want to do it, they will. Took Sasha out with us for a ride the other day. Thought I'd give her a gentle walk through the woods after I'd run the others. She screamed the place down until I hooked her up to the bike and she then proceeded to drag Sapphire round the woods like a 2 year old without a care in the world. I do give her slow release Tramadol when she's done something like this though and that settles her afterwards.

do not do CBD in any which way form or shape whatsoever is a personal thing....

have to look into yumove not sure but then if you can get it in the UK can always get it send somewhere and then send to me....
and yes zooplus sells yumove
Yeah zooplus sell it , and it's quite cheap instead of ordering direct from lintbells , Amazon sell it too and sometimes sell it cheaper , it goes by weight so u can always work out how many pills she'll need in a month and you can subscribe on Amazon to get it automatically dispatched to you every month or so

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• 1 year later...

My old dog was also diagnosed with osteoarthritis, and I used to give her CBD oil to relax and to calm down. Also, I heard that it can work as a pain killer. I found this info somewhere online and decided to try it. I really didn’t want my babe to suffer from pain. I hope it really helped her to suffer less. She seemed sleeping so calm after that. I just added a couple of drops in her water bowl, so it wasn’t that concentrated. After that, I started to experiment with CBD oil on myself and ordered the CBD vape pen starter kit.

I do not use cod oil...to me all a hype and I want her to show me if she is hurting so that we can do other treatments even the joint tablets I have stopped using makes her even more cranky...

If you try the Yumove route   - just bear in mind that the ONLY active ingredient in Yumove tablets is green lipped mussels  -  even in the vet precription only Yumove.   RIAFLEX sells  Green Lipped Mussels powder   - runs out at around 1/4 the cost

Then it really is worth giving the green lipped mussel powder a go  -  it really helped Lunar towards the end.    Because it is pure mussel powder  -  no addatives to make her cranky.

Archived