Does this spay incision look normal?

Huskymom2018

Hi! I just had my husky pup spayed 2 days ago and am a little concerned about her incision site. The general redness around it seems better, but there is a rather large, long red lump right on the sutures. I will note that she has been eating/drinking/going to the bathroom normally and today she seems to have her energy back and is acting more like herself. She is currently on Novox for pain and Trazadone for a sedative. 

The picture on the left side is from when we brought her home the day of the surgery, and the picture on the right was taken just now, 2 days later. 

25BDD093-F5E0-4DAF-987B-7C15E9FB63FE.jpeg

No that does not look right at all! Looks like the stitches ripped and there may be died skin.

Get her into the vet right away.

I can’t find my girls spay pics but this is a pic of my cats heart surgery incision. This was taken the next day.

6CB029DC-4E12-4FEB-B7A7-6139B2001893.thumb.jpeg.c434d347c53ed5924e97b23e53d0b56c.jpeg

Get her in as soon as you can!

I don’t like the one on the left either. Maybe take her to a different vet.

I agree it looks quite bad compared to when we had ours done. They covered it with a sticky bandage for a week to stock licking or playing with the stitches. We didn't get any pain meds or sedatives and she certainly wasn't in any pain. Can't find a picture of the actual incision only ones showing the bandage. I'd have it looked at by the vet to rule out infection or internal bleeding.20161204_121046.thumb.jpg.3491e85a1c1b6628e4c90c69d86591f6.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Agree that she needs to get the stitches looked at. Bear burst a couple of stitches and it bled like a....well let’s just say it bled a lot. In her case she didn’t need any new stitches but it did affect the healing time and as her stitches were not dissolvable, she had to go back to have them removed and that date kept getting pushed further away until enough healing had happened.
If in doubt, get it checked out. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived