Emma Hall

Poorly Husky, please advise - Final Update

Hi all,Happy Boxing Day

Sansa is 15 months old. she had her first annual booster injection on saturday morning.

she was fine before this but on saturday afternoon she was completely wiped out and tired, this we kind of expected so weren't too worried as she was always wiped out after her puppy injections.

however this carried on into Sunday and onwards, she hadn't eaten since saturday morning breakfast. she was a little bit sick, once (yellow bile) only on monday, and has been lethargic and completely uninterested in food since then. her poo, when she has had once has been solidish.

I rang the vet who did her booster on monday  who just said to keep an eye on her and gave me the out of hours vet number for vet christmas, we've not rang it yet.

but she is still the same, completely lethargic, not interested in food or much to be fair. I managed to get a little bit of raw meant down her yesterday but thats it, tried her favourite scrambled egg this morning and not interested.

the vets opens again tomorrow. every dog illness I can find on google says sickness and diarroea, which she doesn't have.

I don't know what to do, any advice very welcome

Have you got a thermometer? If you have check her temperature, my friends husky had a bad reaction to one of her vaccinations and she had a high temperature, she hasn’t been vaccinated since. Call the vet again!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Can you get your dog to a homeopathic vet?     They will be able to treat her for vaccinosis  (reaction to the vaccination) - and detox her then repair the damage the vaccination has done by getting rid of the chemicals in the vaccination  - (but it will not affect the vaccination itself).

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/dog-vaccinations-detox/

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/annual-dog-vaccines-are-they-necessary/

There are LOADS of studies done now that show a dog is covered for up to 7 years by the puppy vaccinations.    Next time any jabs are due  ask for a titer test instead   -  this will show which diseases your dog is already immune to and which ones are needed  (if any).

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, we went to the emergency vet, they've kept her in and are doing tests, awaiting an update.

very high temperature and a very tender tummy, the vet we saw wasn't sure if its connected to booster or not, but it seems very strange she was fine before the booster and she had an all over check and she didn't cry at tummy being touched then.

thank the lord for insurance, its gonna be costly

7 hours ago, Emma Hall said:

Thanks Guys, we went to the emergency vet, they've kept her in and are doing tests, awaiting an update.

very high temperature and a very tender tummy, the vet we saw wasn't sure if its connected to booster or not, but it seems very strange she was fine before the booster and she had an all over check and she didn't cry at tummy being touched then.

thank the lord for insurance, its gonna be costly

Any news yet?

sorry, been quiet, its been a very traumatic few days.

she is still incredibly poorly,  and still in the vet hospital.

she is being treated for Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia -  IMT, which basically means her immune system is in overdrive and attacking her body.

her platelet count is zero, it should be somewhere in the 100s of 1000s

her liver enzymes are off the scale but the vets are hopeful that her liver is reacting to the platelet.

she is receiving steroids to try and fix the platelets and it is now just a waiting game.

the upshot is there are several things that could have caused this:

• disease/infection - bloods have come back clear for all of this
  • cancer - not yet ruled out but nothing concrete yet to say this is likely
  • drugs - not had any
  • vaccination - umm yeah, she had her booster on saturday, and was right as rain before that, hence unlikely to be cancer.
  • one of those things - ummm, she was right as rain before the booster - coincidence???

the vets will never admit that it is connected to the booster, but it simply has to be.

we have no idea yet if this is going to work, having read up, it is hopeful but could be a long road to recovery.

we went to see her yesterday and it was the most horrendous experience seeing our bouncy, mischievous 15 month old baby feeling so ill. 

we just have to keep positive and wait...........

we've another call from the vets and they are going to try another drug to try and kick start the platelets repairing themselves, hopefully between that and the steroids something will happen on the positive side

I'll update again

Heart breaking, I feel for you and your dog. I gave up on boosters many years ago because I couldn’t see the point of them. Then I read an article , written by a vet who says that research is showing that vaccines can cause hip dysplasia in puppies and affect dogs in later life if they have repeated boosters, immune diseases being one of the ailments, arthritis for example. It was very thought provoking. I hope they can turn her health around, I don’t know if there’s anything they can give to turn off whatever they injected into her but it maybe worth asking. Be prepared though, vets, like doctors, aren’t too happy with being challenged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I truly hope she bounces back soon.

It is very heartbreaking to see our babies not feeling well.

As mine is in surgery today... I got ahold of an animal holistic nutritionist. Very highly recommended. She stated that vaccines are causing more harm then good. To find a holistic vet that can assist if you have to show proof of vaccine for things like boarding or daycare. But she was very stern in not having me get my pups their boosters. That there is a study stating that even the first round of puppy shots are good for 7 years. 

Try to find a holistic vet and have them look at the test results and see what they have to say.

• Like 1

Rooting for your poor pup! 😢
I am also suspicious that she reacted right after the booster, and was perfectly OK before that.

My HUMAN friend's daughter felt feverish and ill for 2 weeks after a vaccine, and wound up unable to walk for a few months. My friend and her husband became angry because the docs could not figure out what was wrong ,and even implied it was a psychological issue - the docs refused to look into any connection with the vaccine. 

sorry guys, but she didn't make it. My baby went to sleep on New Years Eve. I am absolutely destroyed. 

we'll never know if it was the vaccine that destroyed her immune system or if it was something underlying, lymphoma has been mentioned but the test for it was likely to cause her to bleed out and she was too ill.

15 months old, its devastating, but whilst she was with us she was perfect

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is devastating. I really hope you manage to find out why. It's bad enough to lose a dog that's lived a life but to lose one at such a young age is unimaginable. 😢. Thoughts are with you.

So sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling, my thoughts are with you. X

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Oh no. I’m so sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Ugh so heartbreaking. I am very very sorry for your loss. Things like this should never happen.

YEs very sad for your loss.I try look for brightness out of sadness and my thoughts are this. A husky looking for a new home could now find one with you.

I came back to Husky owners after the conflab with server change and passwords ect. Because id seen in Scottish Daily Mail story of dogs in Lanarkshire rescue centre including a singing husky. All details I misdirected in piece in Sports section under Hamilton   as its the Hamilton section of Rescue  Cheyannes is at that rescue centre and been there a long time. they would not let me have her so upset at there decision.

Worst news Emma, just too awful, I am so sad for you, for your girl for your family. Whilst normally once my dog has passed that’s the end for me, in your case I’d really want to know, it’s so unusual and just unacceptable that a dog is healthy one minute and then so sick. Life can be really sh*t sometimes. Surely your vet should be trying to find out why because they might be responsible, they owe both you and her that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk