Best food for picky Husky

Shellyinnj

Hello,

My one year old male husky has become such a fussy eater (I call him Diva Dog now).    My vet put him on alligator food because we thought he had a food allergy but he does not.   I have switched his food so many times on him.  What do you all feed your Huskies?   Right now he is refusing to eat his Blue Wilderness Alligator and Salmon mix but will eat my other husky’s puppy food which is also Blue Wildnerness Salmon but he is not really happy with that either.   I just want to get a food that is good for him and that he likes.   Thank you all so much for your help.   Shelly

Welcome 

Mine are pigs and eat everything.

I was feeding Blue Buffalo Limited Ingredients, switched to Taste of the Wild, and now I am on Instinct LID with cooked Turkey. They are not fans of it so I put the broth on their dry breakfast and dinner. They get the turkey bits for training and lunch.

I am switching mine to raw because I cannot find a kibble that is healthy for them.

Welcome to the forum  

Like quite a few on here I feed raw  -   and one of my dogs is still a food Diva.     They normally get two different meats and one fish per meal.    One thing to try your fussy pup on is sardines in spring water  (or olive oil - not sunflower oil - its too inflammatory)    I found that Marley will eat most things providing he has a tin of sardines in water mixed in with the other meats.    Sardines also contain every vitamin and mineral there is   -  even vitamin C.   Raw herrings also contain everything and most dogs love raw fish   ............. but saying that after Marley being on a 2 week white fish only diet (ordered by the vet)  - he wont touch white fish now,  but will stil have sardines  -  its how I get his meds into him.

Welcome to the forum  
Like quite a few on here I feed raw  -   and one of my dogs is still a food Diva.     They normally get two different meats and one fish per meal.    One thing to try your fussy pup on is sardines in spring water  (or olive oil - not sunflower oil - its too inflammatory)    I found that Marley will eat most things providing he has a tin of sardines in water mixed in with the other meats.    Sardines also contain every vitamin and mineral there is   -  even vitamin C.   Raw herrings also contain everything and most dogs love raw fish   ............. but saying that after Marley being on a 2 week white fish only diet (ordered by the vet)  - he wont touch white fish now,  but will stil have sardines  -  its how I get his meds into him.

I've actually started doing this as it gets Harlow very excited for dinner. Pour sardine juice and a few sardines onto her kibble (taste of the wild high prairie mixed with Ziwipeak mackerel and lamb). It's cheaper than any dog specific wet food. I am planning on slowly transitioning eventually to raw

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

3 hours ago, petertmartin said:

I've actually started doing this as it gets Harlow very excited for dinner. Pour sardine juice and a few sardines onto her kibble (taste of the wild high prairie mixed with Ziwipeak mackerel and lamb). It's cheaper than any dog specific wet food. I am planning on slowly transitioning eventually to raw

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Its also healthier than ANY dog specific wet food on the planet    :goodjob:

Archived