When to feed

LouiseMessenger

Hi guys,

just looking for a bit of advice. We are just in the process of setting routine for or 18month rescue and I’m trying to decide if it’s best to feed him before or after his walks. I know you need to leave it for 1hr either but does anyone know which way round works best? 

Thanks 😊

My rule of thumb has been 2 hour prior or after a run or  hard play time.

(They) say 30 minutes after a run but I don’t chance it.

These guys are not really a high risk for bloat or twisted guts but, I don’t chance it and have heard of Huskies getting it.

I feed mine at 6 AM and have trained them to lay down for 30 minutes afterwards. They have now gotten to the point were they jump back in bed with me for 2 hours. Then we wake up, I have my coffee and breakfast, then we go for our walk/ run. 

At night they start laying down around 5 PM where I feed them (by their crates) I feed around 6 PM. Then they do their last play time around 8. Then bed time.

I feed mine after , they get home from their last walk at around 6pm they get fed around half 6 but only because I go and pick my mum up inbetween otherwise they would get their dinner straight after their walk

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived