Helpful information

Milo1999!

Hey guys, I have a 2 year old siberian husky named Milo. For the past 2 months or so he has been coughing quit a bit, almost like hes struggling to breathe sometimes. He still eats, poops and plays like he always has. I took him to the vet and spent thousands on non sense testing and xrays but nothing worked. Im just wondering if anyone has a situation similar or how I can handle this! At the moment we are trying honey to see if it helps. Hes up to date on all his shots and we tried deworming him. Any information is helpful!!

Welcome!

Could he have ate something that scratched his throat going down?

I notice mine caugh after drinking.... I was told to make their water bowl higher up off the floor.

My first thought would be  trachea issues. But if all the X-rays and test come back good, at least it isn’t that.

Have you tried  Benadryl?

Maybe it is just his little qork. My girl whistles when she breathes. Freaked me out. Had all the test and X-rays done. The vet said there was absolutely nothing wrong with her it’s just what she does. I noticed she does it when she is board. LOL

Sorry to hear that he is doing that and I’m not much help. 

If its a piece of wood - then its highly unlikely to show up on an x-ray.    Lunar has coughed for the last 8 years or so  -  usually starts when he is laying on the settee   -  getting worse as he gets older   -  vet says nothing is wrong.   The settee is leather so unlikely to be an allergic reaction.

It could be something tiny stuck in his trachea, you’ve done the right thing by going to the vets, there’s not a lot more you can do. The reverse sneeze sounds worrying if you don’t know what it is, when it happens it sounds as tho they’re having an asthma attack. The other thought I had was kennel cough but if the vet has ruled everything out, maybe it will go in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived