Bad last two days

2Huskyfun

Never had a boy dog but our girl used to pee on her bed regularly. It's a phase she grew out of and eventually learned to go outside. It was very frustrating and I got so sick of washing her bed. She used to also poop on our ottamen daily when we weren't home [emoji58] yet the dog door was right there and she'd go outside when we were home. It's almost like she was scared to go out when we weren't there. There's a lot of things they can get up to but remember not to hate yourself because you can't protect them from everything and it will get easier eventually

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Ours took a little while to train as well. Every once in a GREAT while now there's an accident, usually upstairs. Most often now with them older, it would be due to the kids not letting them out, etc. Can't recall the last time that happened, but it's been several months.

Then yesterday came home to half a paper towel roll eaten, and it was obvious it was the female - she had this hilariously guilty look on her facea nd she was "hiding".

Sent from my SM-T837P using Tapatalk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@petertmartin Thank you. Yes, our girl peed every night on the floor. I put a spot light in the dog run for her and that really seemed to help.

Thank goodness he is not pooping, just randomly looks at me and pees on something. I think he is mad at me.... since his sister broke her collar and I am waiting for their new harnesses to arrive I have been letting them in the backyard. It seems like he does it when I don’t let him out in the backyard when he wants. Then there is the new neighbor with their dog.

I just had a thought.... The pups did this for a period of time when our old neighbors lived next door with a nasty GS. When they moved and the house was empty, the pups weren’t getting into everything and didn’t have accidents. They were actually doing great! We had a couple of months with no vet issues or behavior issues. New neighbors just moved in with a dog a couple of weeks ago and the pups are back to having to go to the vet and peeing in the house...., Could they be having issues because of that? 

@wolfpup I totally agree with not stressing over everything. I think when I get the backyard puppy proofed as much as I can and get the fence reinforced things will get better.

I also need to get them being ok with being home alone for a few hours. I don’t care if they chew things up, I just want them to stop swallowing everything they get in their mouths. 

I am also looking into getting scooters so I can run them longer. Wearing them out more will really help. I just can’t go the distance they are needing.

New Years resolutions LOL

Thank you guys...

Thank God I have insurance on these guys. $700.00 to pull one tooth.

Surgery went well. But the first night was rough. She does not do well on drugs. LOL

E7315739-D3C0-48E8-8A37-D8C096C726FB.thumb.jpeg.ba25002a552a984b8556ef26ba682929.jpeg

Poor baby just wants to play with her brother. They are being so good about it though. I can’t kennel her because she rest her teeth on the wires.

We were lucky it was a front tooth. She isn’t having any issues eating. The bad part though is she can’t mouth play, chew on any of her toys, or anything else that she is used to chewing on. Who knows, maybe this will teach her not to put her teeth on everything. LOL

Trying to keep them busy. They got a bath, been getting brushed a lot, teaching them how to shake, and recall with the long line.

Husband went and asked the neighbors to keep their dog off the fence line where our dog run is. They have been good about it and the pups have not had an accident inside the house since. 🤞 

Poured vinegar on the dog bed and put it outside to see if I can save it. LOL 

Hopefully we are done with this bad streak. They say things happen in threes. Girl with the peach pit, the boy peeing in the house, and now her tooth. Knock on wood. LOL

Thank God I have insurance on these guys. $700.00 to pull one tooth.
Surgery went well. But the first night was rough. She does not do well on drugs. LOL
E7315739-D3C0-48E8-8A37-D8C096C726FB.thumb.jpeg.ba25002a552a984b8556ef26ba682929.jpeg
Poor baby just wants to play with her brother. They are being so good about it though. I can’t kennel her because she rest her teeth on the wires.
We were lucky it was a front tooth. She isn’t having any issues eating. The bad part though is she can’t mouth play, chew on any of her toys, or anything else that she is used to chewing on. Who knows, maybe this will teach her not to put her teeth on everything. LOL
Trying to keep them busy. They got a bath, been getting brushed a lot, teaching them how to shake, and recall with the long line.
Husband went and asked the neighbors to keep their dog off the fence line where our dog run is. They have been good about it and the pups have not had an accident inside the house since. [emoji1696] 
Poured vinegar on the dog bed and put it outside to see if I can save it. LOL 
Hopefully we are done with this bad streak. They say things happen in threes. Girl with the peach pit, the boy peeing in the house, and now her tooth. Knock on wood. LOL
Wow that is pricey. Mind if O ask where you guys live (state) and the insurance you use. Sunny our puggle had a $$$$ surgery emergency earlier this yesr, no insurance. I have been meaning to look into it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I live in Nevada and use Embrace Pet Insurance.

For two pups we $72 a month. 6 month waiting period on emergencies and then I think it was 8 months for orthopedic. There is a $500 deductible at the new year. We have to pay cash up front and then they reimburse 80%. They have different plans available. All my family members use this insurance and a couple of my husbands coworkers. It takes about 3 weeks to get the check after faxing the receipts.

As much I use it.... at least once a month, they have been really good so far.

Her tooth was cracked in half all the way into the root. 

Update:

Huge set back! Noticed all her stitches were gone 2 days ago. 🤬 (only had stitches in for 4 days)

5FC7B5C2-5265-41DE-9E55-66AE0B447185.thumb.jpeg.2d2a85991143be1773fa4b6a8048fa44.jpeg

just a large gaping hole.

Called and emailed the pic to the doctor that did the surgery. Didn’t hear back so I hunted down a Holistic vet. They called me back immediately and stated I needed to get her in ASAP to have surgery to close it.

Really like the new vet and is all for a raw diet 😵

So I took her in today preparing for surgery and to do the hole song and dance over....

The new vet checked her out and said *actually, she is healing great.* No dry socket, infection, and there is already signs of new growth.

So no surgery! 😁 Just flushing it out after she eats, finish the antibiotics, and no chewing on stuff (🤣)

Man what a lucky break. 

Archived