Can someone tell me if these are legit?

Sinister

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Congratulations new husky mummy emoji240.pngemoji3.png
Did the breeder tell you which food he was feeding the pups, she’ll need to stay on the same food as sudden food changes will give her diarrhoea. If you decide to change what you’re feeding her just add a little of the new food into the old until you’ve made the switch.
You’re in for a ride, I miss the puppy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thanks.  New HUsky "daddy" though ;)

Thanks! She did seem more attentive and at ease than the other one, when we first held her. You know, she sometimes has her ears more to the sides, like in this pic. Is that nomal?

Image 2018-12-22 at 10.56.01 AM.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some more recent pictures of "Kira" (that's what we named her).  I still think her muzzle, her ears, and her head shape look different from all Husky pictures I have googled?  Also, a lot of articles and pictures talk about / show fluffy / puffy puppy coats (they like teddy bears).  Kira does not.  Not sure if  this last issue is due to her having been born into a tropical climate.

So far she is really low energy and sleeps a lot.

2002250233_Image2019-01-04at3_16_15PM.thumb.jpeg.fcb1bb5bd93defded4d587d23a9efb3d.jpeg70258313_Image2019-01-04at3_13_50PM.thumb.jpeg.c8ce57ca515a3a6b1aad6089fd67cbc1.jpeg146216043_Image2019-01-04at3_10_42PM.thumb.jpeg.5e4fca817dab80f302c798a5081c51d1.jpeg117777430_Image2019-01-04at3_10.42PM2.thumb.jpeg.f7dcb4dacd1e2b6f6531ed060b743153.jpeg

Na, 

She looks Husky to me. I think it is her mask that is throwing you off. The ears are so cute! Mine had huge ears. She will grow into them. Every pup has different types of coat. I have brother and sister and both have different types of coat.

She is very cute!

She May have a coat like my girl (the gray). She also had huge ears. 🤣

I wouldn’t consider my boy fluffy/puffy.

Both are papered.

00BA5BCD-0C9A-4802-9070-D6964EA493D5.thumb.jpeg.054db90f8db4b26de24de9b1aed6c844.jpegCE60C907-5E64-46D3-A6B9-E00E6C9A8FD9.thumb.png.aead7cdeb7337054f9cf2268e449a111.png17212EDC-8E98-4237-9E34-7A3948C5AB88.thumb.jpeg.ec3b7925b7f9c34e196aa2bcc124e13b.jpeg06D426F4-F52F-4697-93AB-35ACF452C7B9.thumb.jpeg.de650cb990c53059625d6c0675bb6941.jpegC838D312-7E49-4C96-8640-7AAC9849725D.thumb.jpeg.29eb061c9634baf3609fc80fc381ce47.jpeg058DBE4F-5B06-4802-94B0-5E5D92D443B4.thumb.jpeg.a0685c97eba012bfd9ab7eb0824497ba.jpeg

6E5EC047-BF8E-4448-8F83-5BC73100322C.jpeg

I do think she’s a husky, they change so much though you’ll have a better idea when she’s fully grown. Also as above coats differ between huskies, Astro had quite a fluffy coat but his sister was a lot shorter haired

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

O that was after a bath. LOL They were born and kept in an outside kennel in February with snow on the ground and was covered in mud and 💩.

She is nothing but ears and legs in this on. She was 3 and a half months. Was very un-proportionate until about 8 months or so. Now she has grown into her ears and legs. 

0A609B7B-F033-43AA-902B-95A450A8A760.thumb.png.e8b6266c35590b97a81fc22eb41b7d73.png

This may be a better look at how awkward she was.

8C5198BA-347E-47DC-804C-9F022F8634B8.thumb.jpeg.b2e0ef2bee9f8284428b7c15850837f5.jpeg

But her brother has stayed proportionate until now. LOL he is all legs and has thinned way out (even though he is gaining every week)

So, she will get un-proportional. Maybe she is just going through it now or she may do this a few more times. 

Take pictures at least weekly and compare them. You will really be able to see the changes.

I did not think for a second the girl would turn out to be a (black nose Sable) or gray... she was supposed to be all white or a red.

My male was priced as an Agouti💰💵💰.  He may turn out to have a slight Agouti coloring but, as of now, he has some red but nothing close enough to call him that. Agoutis are rare here. LOL. He also started off with a teddy bear look but still does not have a full fluffy coat.

I don’t care though. I love them not matter what they look like

O and as far as she not being fluffy even as a baby baby. 

I wouldn’t worry about and I don’t believe that means she is not pure. There could have been a couple of shorts in the bloodline somewhere. 

Plus as much as the guys change.... she could end up being very fluffy!

Doesn’t mean you will get off scotch free for blowing season. LOL

Thanks BingBlaze n Skyla and 2Huskyfun for the posts and pics!  Amazing how much they change.  Yours are very beautiful.

Do puppies ALWAYS end up looking like their parents?  Her parents are short-coated, long-eared, and long-snouted, although the grandfather (as per a supposed picture of him) was proportionate.

Thanks BingBlaze n Skyla and 2Huskyfun for the posts and pics!  Amazing how much they change.  Yours are very beautiful.
Do puppies ALWAYS end up looking like their parents?  Her parents are short-coated, long-eared, and long-snouted, although the grandfather (as per a supposed picture of him) was proportionate.
My boy looks like his dad except he has his mum's markings and colouring (tho a bit darker than his mum) , my girl has her dad's colouring but God knows where she got the fur from because her parents weren't wooly coats so it could have been her grandparents or further back I have no idea lol

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I meant physical traits, like are they limited in hiw they will end up looking (other than color and markings) by what their parents look like (i.e. ear shape and size, snout shape and length, etc.) 
If you really want to be sure of purity and their physical appearances you'll need to know their lineage. Our breeder gave us all this information on a booklet that showed their history and also made sure full health checks were undertaken including joint and hip checks. If you aren't certain on the breeder or the condition of the pups then steer clear.

Pups change so much, they can look entirely different in 6 months, including colour, markings and size. Luka blue had prominent goggles (rings around his eyes) as a pup and now not so noticeable, Cai’s a red and much darker than he was as a pup. Kira looks full husky, they always look like their ears are way too big for them as pups, as for the snout, there’s a difference in some husky’s, some are longer or slightly wider.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I only met mom and dad a handful of times and they were outside....(a large fenced in area with three in closed kennels. Had 3 breeding females and 2 females that he wasn’t breeding yet because they were below 4 years old and was going to use a different male. Dad was the only male on site.

Thinking back Dad: was a major talker and had a very calm demeanor and kinda stood back and watched once the greeting was over.

Mom: was a little hyper and wanted to be in our business. She had already stopped feeding the pups and didn’t want anything to do with them, so it wasn’t because we were messing with them. 

So the boy takes after his dad for being talkative. Sister takes after him by being low key.

Brother takes after mom with the hyperness and sister with being quirky.

Mine look nothing like mom and dad in that since.

6 hours ago, petertmartin said:

If you really want to be sure of purity and their physical appearances you'll need to know their lineage. Our breeder gave us all this information on a booklet that showed their history and also made sure full health checks were undertaken including joint and hip checks. If you aren't certain on the breeder or the condition of the pups then steer clear.

We already got her for Christmas. I mentioned at  the beginning of the post that there wasn't much choice down here. 

5 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Pups change so much, they can look entirely different in 6 months, including colour, markings and size. Luka blue had prominent goggles (rings around his eyes) as a pup and now not so noticeable, Cai’s a red and much darker than he was as a pup. Kira looks full husky, they always look like their ears are way too big for them as pups, as for the snout, there’s a difference in some husky’s, some are longer or slightly wider.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived