Can someone tell me if these are legit?

Sinister

Can someone tell me if these are legit?  I am overseas, there is like ONE local breeder, and they have a super-long waiting list.  There is a guy that has these.  The pics are the ones that are available.  Two of them, look legit, but if you look at the third, and at the video, the other don't?  And the heads seem to be shaped differently, even though they are form the same litter?

There, there is also the noses.

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-19 at 7.32.23 PM.jpeg

Image 2018-12-19 at 7.32.22 PM-2.jpeg

Image 2018-12-19 at 7.32.22 PM.jpeg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look legit to me. I think the other ones snouts that you are referring to may look different because they don’t have any eye markings and the all white makes them look longer. If I was going to choose one then it would be either the first or second picture (the first one is super cute).

Not all husky’s from the same litter will look the same, they go through many changes until they reach maturity at around 12 -24 months. Their coats will change colour and their snouts will develop, some husky’s have longer snouts than others.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Thanks for the responses. So these are doable then? Thanks a lot for the replies. Thosw three are femalea.  I liked the first one because she is cuter, but the nose on the second has nk pink spots and the markings are more even. 

In the videos, the one that jumps on everyone on both videos is the first one, and in the first video, the one that is laying down away from everyone is the second (she is the ine to the left in the beginning of the second video). 

What do you guys say? 

31 minutes ago, Rachael_Astro said:

The videos don’t load for me. The pink spots on the noses will come and go if it’s snow nose, but the first one looks more like a pigment change

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Yeah it's a pigment change.  These are in the tropics too, in case that matters.  So avoid that one?

15 minutes ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Have you not been to physically meet the pups and parents? I would try and go to see them if possible , never just send any money without seeing them first

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

It's far, so while yes i can go, I'd rather go only if I'm committed, and pick up at that time.  I wanted to first filter out the possibility of them not being purebred (no papers) and any other things you experts might see.  It would be my first Husky, so I still don't know enough about telling what's what.

Awwww. If we were going on looks alone, I have a soft spot for the pup in the third picture. Seems to have a liver coloured nose too so could well be a red but could just be my dodgy eyesight. Do love a red husky [emoji7] just don’t tell my ice (he’s grey [emoji23]).

Personality is going to be the biggest factor and people will have different preferences there. You get the pups who are overly confident and into everything, the ones who are timid and shy away from you at first and then there are the ones that fall somewhere in between the two. That last temperament is the one that I personally prefer.

I agree that personality is supposed to be the biggest factor, but when they are so different, I think about getting what I like first.  I like the one with the de-pigmentation on he nose, as her face looks more mischievous, and from the videos, she seems to be, but am concerned about the de/pigmentation issue.  The other one looks more symmetrical, and has what looks to be a normal nose.  However, up top, from the videos, she looks more gray than black, and does have a white patch on the right side of her neck.

So I´d get the one with the red collar (the first one) but I for the nose. That won't go away, right?

Also, I was looking at some puppy pics online.  Is it me, or should these be hairier in the face and have the muzzle shaped a bit differently?  Or am I probably looking at showdogs?  I'd just hate to not end up with a purebred, not knowing it, and then, when she grows up, not looking like a Husky.  Being the first, I want to do my research, but those are the only ones left.

As Emma said, personality is the most important factor when choosing your pup, obviously your eyes will be drawn to the look of a pup but I’d advise going to see them before you make a choice, once you see them and interact with them you’ll definitely know which one you want.

The pigmentation is nothing to worry about, just gives them character it might stay it might not, my girl actually had a black nose as a puppy and now it's pink

7 months old
FB_IMG_1545377925880.jpg

10 months old

FB_IMG_1545377939921.jpg

And now

FB_IMG_1545377990697.jpg

Oh and snow nose doesn't matter about how warm or cold it is it's just to do with light exposure , that can also come and go or stay permanent , my boy gets it sometimes then his nose goes black again

Could the breeder send you weekly videos so you’re able to see the changes, they change so much in the first few months, maybe that will help you decide. The nose may change it may not and if you’re able to watch how the pups interact with each other then I’d take that into consideration aswell. I’d also recommend doing a lot of research on husky’s before committing to a pup. Husky’s are an amazing breed but need a lot of time and commitment to training, I’m only saying this as they are visually stunning and their looks draw you in, but so many end up in rescues because of how demanding they can be.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I agree with chelseafan don't choose your pup based on colour alone, the black pup might end up loosing that mask also and end up with a pure white face , they change ALOT as they grow , my boy had grey rings under his eyes and the stripe down his nose forked into two points as a puppy and now he has lost the rings and the two points down his nose is just one stripe
He also currently has a snow nose as u can see in the second pic FB_IMG_1545387756074.jpg20181209_111211.jpg

1 hour ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Did he bring the parents for u to meet too ? Please get her vet checked to be safe , I've heard horror stories from people who get pups without meeting parents and pups in a home environment

He did not, but we also didn't ask.  Already went to the vet and the vet did a standard blood test and looked her over.  It all checks out.  They didn't have an issue with us going to the house, we just met halfway because of the distance.  Either way, only the mom would have been there.  They did give us the vaccine card.  Anything else we should look for/do?

Congratulations new husky mummy [emoji240][emoji3]
Did the breeder tell you which food he was feeding the pups, she’ll need to stay on the same food as sudden food changes will give her diarrhoea. If you decide to change what you’re feeding her just add a little of the new food into the old until you’ve made the switch.
You’re in for a ride, I miss the puppy days.

Congratulations. [emoji2]
Get ready for lots of fun sprinkled with a fair amount of exhaustion, lol. After a few weeks of having a pup I always slump in a chair and cry never again! Lol. But hang in there as it does get easier and things will fall into place.....then you end up getting another pup [emoji23]

Yeah I was the other way around. When Brooke passed away I swore blind we would stay as a two dog household but then hubby knew someone who was thinking of rehoming their 4 month old Frenchie and he got the boys on board to outvote me so we went back up to a three dog household, lol.
I like to remind him of this when she’s wiping her butt across the carpet 🤣

Archived