My husky is 9 years old and has started peeing in the house again

tt harley

Hi I have two Huskies and both are nine years old . The male dog has after all these years started peeing in the house again when I take him out ( they are both walked 3 miles a day. ) for a walk he is stopping to pee every 15 to 28 seconds and after about maybe six pees he is still stopping to pee but nothing is coming out and he stands in the peeing position for about thirty to forty five seconds even though he is not doing anything. I have had him to two different vets he has had every test under the sun  from blood tests x-rays scans you name it he has had it and they say they can't find anything wrong with him but they can start blood tests again if I wanted I have already spent the best part of £800 with no fault found. He also has me up during the night wanting out between six to nine times a night to pee. He is a very happy dog eats and drinks as he should and loves to play with my other husky and other dogs. One of the vets said it may be an idea to have him castrated but when I spoke to the other vet in the same surgery she said she didn't think that would help. So can anyone one tell me have the had anything like this happen with their dogs and if so did they get it fixed out.

I know you said every test so this maybe a stupid question. Did they check for  crystals.

I had female that did that same thing in her later years and after all the testing and going to different vets it finally was found. She had crystals.

I switched her to  purified bottled water and it made a huge difference.

I don’t know about  neutering. I spayed my girl at 7 weeks. But at his age... 

If his  prostate is not  swollen, no  testicle cancer, and everything is normal.... I wouldn’t think that would do any good at this point.

Hi well they told me they had checked for crystals and possible stones in his bladder but again they  told me everything was ok and normal ..... but I will try changing the water if it helps him  ............ They told me they had checked his prostate by feel and also scan and x-ray and it was normal  ...... But changing his drinking water may be worth a try

3 hours ago, tt harley said:

Hi well they told me they had checked for crystals and possible stones in his bladder but again they  told me everything was ok and normal ..... but I will try changing the water if it helps him  ............ They told me they had checked his prostate by feel and also scan and x-ray and it was normal  ...... But changing his drinking water may be worth a try

Luckily my girl only had a small amount and it was just enough to make her act the same way. Another reason why it was hard for them to detect. 

I didn’t need to put her on meds or anything, just changed her water. I want to say it took about a week or two but, she stopped “fake  squatting “ and acting like she has to pee all the time.

It wouldn’t hurt to try.

Good luck

Archived