My husky kicks/pushes people away

Huskluver

Okay my husky is not showing aggression but she’s becoming jealous of people near me like for example when ever she’s next to me or in my lap and a family member sits near us she will literally start kicking them till they are out “our space”.  If we are at the vet and the doctor is talking to me she will put her face directly in front of me and wine and do high pitch barks  then literally start pushing the doc back! if I’m not around she is the perfect angel with every one and even more perfect when it’s just us ......  she guards me when walking alone ( which I love) she makes sure I’m safe  and growls when she hears an odd sound ....she’s been through training and listens to everything but when it comes to sharing she politely declines! Again no aggression just refuses to share me... How can I change that but still keep her protective side 

My male doesn’t like anyone or anything to have my attention.  Even his sister sometimes.

Most of the time it is cute.  Grumbles loudly when I am trying to talk to someone. Sets between me and my husband, jumps up on him and walks him back when he tries to say Hi or bye. Gets between me and whoever is visiting and gets in their face talking and paws at them until they move.

Going to the vets is the worst. He gets his sister going and then both try to over talk the vet, jumps on him to back him away ( literally walking off his back end pushing)

It has gotten a lot better with PLACE training. He no longer does it with visitors. I also do not allow anyone to say hi until the pups are calm.

You can also leash her and move her to the other side of you. Reward her while she is being good. That way she is still next to you getting your attention feeling like she is still apart of what is going on but learning it is ok for you to have someone else near you.  

When greeting new people outside the house or at the vets, I make them set and then step on the leash to keep them from jumping. Giving them treats while they set still. But haven’t figured out how to stop them from over talking LOL

15 hours ago, 2Huskyfun said:

My male doesn’t like anyone or anything to have my attention.  Even his sister sometimes.

Most of the time it is cute.  Grumbles loudly when I am trying to talk to someone. Sets between me and my husband, jumps up on him and walks him back when he tries to say Hi or bye. Gets between me and whoever is visiting and gets in their face talking and paws at them until they move.

Going to the vets is the worst. He gets his sister going and then both try to over talk the vet, jumps on him to back him away ( literally walking off his back end pushing)

It has gotten a lot better with PLACE training. He no longer does it with visitors. I also do not allow anyone to say hi until the pups are calm.

You can also leash her and move her to the other side of you. Reward her while she is being good. That way she is still next to you getting your attention feeling like she is still apart of what is going on but learning it is ok for you to have someone else near you.  

When greeting new people outside the house or at the vets, I make them set and then step on the leash to keep them from jumping. Giving them treats while they set still. But haven’t figured out how to stop them from over talking LOL

Lol thanks for the advice  I will try the leash and treat thing.  Yes I adore her but her “ I want attention voice” ( which she only does when attentions not on her) is loud , pitchy and squeaky at the same time....worse than nails on a chalk board... but you have some good pointers thank you

You are very welcome.

Ya when both of mine decide they want to be included, it is in sane. The girl gets such a high pitch I think glass is going to break.

The male can get so bad on walks, I have to put his basket muzzle on until he calms down.

I did teach mine to talk on command so I could teach them to stop on command. But it has never worked in that  scenario LOL

Luka blue used to push his nose up into us when he wanted something, to stop it progressing I used ‘settle’.
The first sign of pushing I’d say ‘settle’ and as soon as he sat nicely he’d have a tiny treat. I use settle in all situations with him now and he sits down and waits.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived