FEEDING

ChefsOreo

Hi All, just a little guidance. My baby is turning 1 year old next week. He’s happy and healthy. My only issue is that he always seems hungry. I feed him 1 cup of food twice a day. Sometime I drop it to 1 3/4 per day if I give him little bits of chicken or eggs or meat. But that’s not too often. I find sometimes he gets bored with his food so I add little things to the mix every now and again. But I feel like if I give him another cup he’s def gonna eat it. I know huskies generally don’t require as much food as other brands but he’s been getting pretty much the same amount of food since I got him in February this year. Does this seem right?

Im wondering if that’s the reason he’s chewing on my plants and eating all my parsley from my garden. 

99897954-4656-4742-8A3C-C2BB42E2C4D0.jpeg

5FF7A70E-3034-42E8-9EAB-15DC598B854A.jpeg

OMG he is handsome.

I always wondered that too.

I have been feeding my pups since they were 6 months old, 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup for dinner and then 1/2 cup through out the day as treats. Every feeding they act like they are starving.

Did a lot of research on Siberian Huskies before getting them and one of the things it kept saying is that they wouldn’t over eat. 🤔

If I leave their kibble bag out, they would eat the entire thing. If I feed them even a little more then normal they get soft to muddy poop. 😞

Every time I have taken them in to the vet I asked the vet about this. Their vet always says that they are of great weight (the girl is starting to even get a little chunky) and don’t fall for the starving act. 

Quality of food is important. So if there isn’t any fillers and he is getting what he needs, I would just go off his stool.

They sometimes get bored with kibble so as you’re mixing it up a little that’s great. Have you tried him with a raw lamb or beef bone. He’d chomp on that all day, he is a beauty and happy first birthday [emoji240][emoji512]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

What a handsome pup!!!!    Of my 3 huskies, Kodiak acts like he is always hungry, and he also gets 1 cup twice per day.  I do give him veggies as treats twice a day but he would eat an entire bag if I let him.  So I would not be fooled, if hes a good weight then I think its fine.

Ok great! Yes his stool is def normal and his vet says his weight is ok. He gets lots of running and play time as well. He also loves bits of veggies and fruits. He basically eats lots of what I do. Lol. Except peanut butter which he hates. 

Archived