Dogs driving me mad

Alicia Doyle

The 2 dogs are pissing and shitting in the house they're driving me mad. They were toilet trained so i dont know why they're doing it now. Penny keeps jumping over the wall. I'm at my wits end. Its just me and josh now. I want the dogs in the house and loose in the garden but theyre pissing and shitting in the house and jumping the wall. I dont know what to do. Everyome telling me to give them away but i dont want to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’d start re training, taking them outside to pee and poop, praise when they do it and until they’re retrained can you restrict where they go in the house with the use of a dog gate. Where’s Penny going when she’s jumping the wall?
You’ll have to look into highering it or putting a wire fence on top of the wall. I had a similar issue with Cai, he managed to jump onto next doors shed and he sit there watching the world go by so I highered the wall by adding a fence across it, safety first!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

The comment “it’s just me and Josh now”...... has there been a major change in the house? Did this start around the time of any changes?

3 hours ago, chelseafan said:

I’d start re training, taking them outside to pee and poop, praise when they do it and until they’re retrained can you restrict where they go in the house with the use of a dog gate. Where’s Penny going when she’s jumping the wall?
You’ll have to look into highering it or putting a wire fence on top of the wall. I had a similar issue with Cai, he managed to jump onto next doors shed and he sit there watching the world go by so I highered the wall by adding a fence across it, safety first!

I agree with re training. Start from the beginning like you just brought them home. 

They do make a no jump harness. Could try that but differently make the wall higher if possible.

Thanks guys yea i was thinking id have to retrain them, i left my crates behind in my old house will prob have to buy new ones. Yea alan doesnt live with us anymore but they were doing this when we were living together too, yea i keep highering the wall and she keeps finding new ways, i'll just have to higher it again. Is there a point that she cant jump over? I think i keep highering it and she keeps getting over, spent 500e last time

It can feel like hard work for little gain when they behave like that, perseverance and reinforcing their training is key, over 6 foot should be sufficiently high enough and to make sure there’s no way she can jump from something else over the wall and no way she can dig her way out. Some husky’s are so determined! Good luck!

12 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Have u looked at coyote rollers ? Might be able fix one up yourself
https://petsweekly.com/humans/diy/coyote-rollers/
Screenshot_20181211-074358_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Screenshot_20181211-074511_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

That is an awesome idea!

• 4 weeks later...

What are no jump harnesses? No where do i get those roller things from?

Also i found it really hard to find their food coz they're allergic to yeast and i couldnt find their food in my new area so was giving them normal shop food. I have now found it online and started giving it to them again. But in the meantime they lost a bit of weight so whats the best way to bulk them up again? Gave them their proper vet food today and they got the shits so hoping they're not intollerent to that now too.

The no jump can be found on line. Here in the US they can be found in most pet stores.

I would not advise to have that on your fur baby unattended! It was designed to teach dogs not jump sure but not to jump on people that you come across on a walk or who comes to the door. I have seen people put it on their dogs and leave them outside  unattended and the dog got all kinds of tangled and some have broken legs and strangled themselves. Use caution with it.

What Blinblaze n Skyla is showing you can do yourself. A 5 inch or so PVC pipe with a 1 or 2 inch PVC pipe inside with a wire connection. Doesn’t seem to cost much to make here.

Switching their food too fast will cause that. Plus they can change what they are  intolerant of about every 6 months or so.

As soon as I saw solid poop.

I feed half the amount and then 3 or 4 hours later the other half keeping an eye on the stool. If it stayed solid then I would go back to normal feedings.

Mine have super sensitive tummies thou. So you may be able to go straight to full amount.

Neither way is wrong and it’s whatever works for your baby.

• 2 months later...

Archived