Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lovelife82

Worried owner :(

Recommended Posts

Hi,

As some of you know, I have a husky puppy who is 10 weeks on Saturday. She had food about 7ish last night and at 9ish she brought food back up. It was in the shape of a sausage. Then at 11pm she did the same again but with less food. At 2am she vomited properly and brought bile up/acid then again at 6.15 and 6.30am. I was going to take her to the vets as was really worried. I made sure she was drinking plenty and gave her some white fish and rice. Throughout the day she’s had small meals of rice and chicken breast. She’s never vomited all day and went from not being herself to being back to pretty much her usual self as I wrote this. Her poo was fine as I kept checking. Now she has started to scratch a lot around her ears, her back and is biting her feet. Does that means she’s allergic to the rice (grain)? I gave her to stop the vomiting and now I’ve giving her an allergic reaction? She was doing it a lot but then went to sleep. She’s awake now but my boyfriend is watching her while I go to bed. Going to put her back on her normal food tomorrow and keep away from grains. 

Thanks

Amanda (one stressed mammy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fist thought: did she eat a  foreign object? Stuffing, carpet, paper, anything. Vomiting around three hours after eating and drinking with very low energy. * did you go through her poop and vomit to see if anything passed.

I did the chicken and rice every time they had the runs or vomited. It did trigger allergies! Bad allergies.

Get her back on her food. Small amounts at a time. It will take a few weeks for the itching and chewing to stop. I used Bitter Apple for when they chew. Then 50/50 Apple cider and water to keep any skin infection at bay from scratching.

Looking back I should have just skipped a meal (dinner) then do a very small amount for breakfast. (I do that now and it is so much better then chicken and rice).

If she vomits for 24 hours get her to the vet. She will need fluids at the least because of her age and you want to find out what is causing it.  Pedialyte Works great to home treat. But talk to your vet regarding the amount first and if she has allergies you want plain flavor and will need to  syringe small amounts at a time.

Keep us posted.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2Huskyfun said:

Fist thought: did she eat a  foreign object? Stuffing, carpet, paper, anything. Vomiting around three hours after eating and drinking with very low energy. * did you go through her poop and vomit to see if anything passed.

I did the chicken and rice every time they had the runs or vomited. It did trigger allergies! Bad allergies.

Get her back on her food. Small amounts at a time. It will take a few weeks for the itching and chewing to stop. I used Bitter Apple for when they chew. Then 50/50 Apple cider and water to keep any skin infection at bay from scratching.

Looking back I should have just skipped a meal (dinner) then do a very small amount for breakfast. (I do that now and it is so much better then chicken and rice).

If she vomits for 24 hours get her to the vet. She will need fluids at the least because of her age and you want to find out what is causing it.  Pedialyte Works great to home treat. But talk to your vet regarding the amount first and if she has allergies you want plain flavor and will need to  syringe small amounts at a time.

Keep us posted.

 

 

Thank you. She may have ate something outside but couldn’t see anything in her sick or poo. 

The allergic reaction is pretty bad :( we’ve only had a couple of hours sleep during the night. She’s constantly scratching her ears/face and biting her paw. We can see the redness around her eye and nose. Feel so sorry for her. I wish I had know and wouldn’t have gave her rice. Just chicken/fish :( 

Both of her ears were standing up and now one of them is floppy again. 

Going to take her to the vets today to see if they can give her anything. She hasn’t vomited anyone though. Although she had a really loose poo around 2am. Could that be to the allergic reaction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only advise what I went through and still go through with mine.

The vet needs to make sure there is no  foreign objects.

 I would not feed chicken either. There is a high likelihood that is also causing it. You can have the vet do an allergy test. *they may state that she is too young to have developed a food allergy* if you can afford it, push them to do it anyways, I call BS on that theory.

Nothing the vet can give for allergies is going to kick in right away. They will suggest  Benadryl and give you the dosage for  immediate relief. It will work but will also cause runs and her to be very  drowsy. I haven’t used it. I only have done the mixture.

If she has soft puppy poo just feed half portion of her meals. If it is mud, then withhold a full meal and feed only half meal for the next feedings. 

Good luck at the vet. Keep us posted. Poor baby.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope she’ll be ok, pups will eat anything they come across, you have to watch them like hawks especially on walks. Vet trip with persistent sickness, she can dehydrate quickly, I gave mine cooked white fish with sweet potato (a spoonful of s.potato) when they were ill.


Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.