Spay Advice - How to keep them calm?

StellaTheDogSpaceOddity

Today is the big day. We dropped Stella off at the vet earlier today for her spay. She was livid about not getting her breakfast before we left - how dare we.

At the pre-consulate the tech told us "10-14" days of rest after the surgery. Not sure how thats going to be possible. 🙃

I've come across two really good articles so far talking about doing "Free Shaping" and other mental stimulation training to keep them satisfied, but I'm not sure how far thats going to take us. We're running out now to stock up on some fresh new toys and extra kongs.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How did you get through it?

Pray. LOL

My female was up and at it the next morning. 😖

I have two, did my male first then her.

I divided the house so they couldn’t play with each other..... they talked all day. LOL.

Great time to do some fun training, play games (hide-n-seek), crate training, loving, etc.

I left the room for two seconds to switch laundry loads and came back to her doing zoomies on the bed. 😮. First time she had jumped up on a bed. LOL

This why I believe getting it done as early as possible. So much easier to control them. Why our vets here demand they be 6  months is annoying. I understand the whole growth thing but never had an issue with doing it younger. 

Just make sure she doesn’t jump or lick.

You can leash her to you so you can keep an eye on her and train at the same time.

I can’t remember the link. But there is a cup game you can play. 3 cups, put a treat under one of them, mix them up and let her sniff out the correct cup for the treat. 

My female loved it. My male obviously isn’t as smart as her and would get frustrated and just bark at the cups. 😂

Archived