Husky puppy and raw eggs

Husky_Love2018

I've read tons about yes give raw eggs, no don't give raw eggs... After plenty of research i decided to give Rocky 2 raw eggs a week (on different days).  It gave him HORRIBLE diarrhea both times. My eggs are bought from the store not fresh from a farmer and i did crush up the shell and feed it too. Now my eggs are not the freshest as we do not buy eggs all time because we only use them for making other things like pancakes ext... My children also turned the temp on the fridge down one time and they almost froze. I'm still using them and we have not got sick but then again they are cooked. I am wondering if it could be the eggs, him needing to get used to them, or his tummy just won't except them. I read once they have been cooked many of the nutritional values are gone due to the high heat so it seems cooking them would defeat the purpose. Also i read that the egg whites may not be good so maybe should i just give the yolk and the shell without the egg white? Has anyone else had this problem when feeding raw eggs? In your opinion what should i do?

LOL

I only feed a raw egg one time.

Had a  cocker spaniel and was told it would make her coat shinny.

Feed her one raw egg. A few hours later I heard the most God awful sound followed by the most God awful smell.

I got up and checked on her and she had pooped out the egg whole! 

Between laughing and gagging all night.... I never feed raw eggs again.

I believe them to be good for our fur babies and a lot of people do feed them with no issues. (Fresh eggs)

My pups wouldn’t tolerate it at all. 

I would only do one and then wait until his tummy settles down before giving another one. Make sure they are fresh. 

Watch to see if it is just because it is something new or is he having an allergy to them.

I feed my dogs Raw food, they get a raw egg every few days with no problems, they get little add ons to the basic raw meat diet

one day an egg, next some fish,  big lump of liver or real tripe etc along with the fishy oils

• 1 year later...

My dog doesn't want to eat raw egg and I will probably find some other product that will replace it for its useful properties. But I have a question for you. We recently bought an air fryer, if you are interested, you can find the review on https://www.foodieandtours.com/best-air-fryer-for-a-family-of-4/. So, our dog goes crazy from the smell of chicken that we cook in it. Of course, we give her the chicken fillet, but when we turn away, she steals the bones from the table. Please tell me this is very dangerous for her health?

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/feeding-your-dog-raw-eggs-good-or-bad/?utm_campaign=CONTENT%3A Pack Email July 18 (RBZHQw)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJjaHJpc3NpZTEyM0BidGludGVybmV0LmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIkM0WXlWOSJ9

The above article should answer your question about if eggs are good for dogs.  (spoiler alert - the answer is yes)

When I first got Marley  (around 12 weeks old) and changing him over to a raw diet  -  I started him out on scrambled eggs  - which he loved,  over the space of a few weeks I cooked the eggs less and less until they were really quite runny before giving him a completely raw egg  -  and even today I whisk it with a fork to mix the yolk and white together  - and feed with a mince or other meat.

It is possible that your dog has a sensitivity to something in the egg  -   my boy was allergic to 9 different foods a year or so ago   - now only allergic to 3 and borderline for one.        See if he has a similiar reaction to scrambled egg  - if he does  - dont feed it for at least 6 months  (or anything with egg in)  and try again   - if on the other hand he copes with it - try lessening the cooking time over say a month.  Only feed it once a week to start with.

There are other things you can feed your dog - like raw sardines or herrings - which contain just as many nutrients  (really more as herrings and sardines contain Vitamin C which eggs do not)   so do not dispair  - you can still ensure your dog gets all the nutrition he needs.

Archived